Nightpager brackets - Group buy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nightpager brackets - Group buy?

Hey guys, seeing I've got a set of nightpager brackets lying around here, I'm thinking about getting some copies made up if there is demand for them.

I'm going to check with an engineer today about cost and time frame but chances are I won't be able to foot the bill myself for bulk of them, so if there is interest and people are happy to pay up front, please let me know.

I'll check with them for cost of copying one at a time, and for cost of doing say 10 copies.

AFAIK these will work fine with R32/S14 Sumitomo 4 pot calipers and 323mm JZA80 front rotors. Also can use 350Z track edition 324mm front rotors or BNR32 324mm front rotors. However the 350z ones have a lower hat height so the rotor probably won't be suitably centred within the caliper. Could be solved by spacing the caliper back from the bracket (4.5mm). BNR32 ones are probably the closest match out of the box (.25mm difference hat height to JZA70 rotors). Either Nissan rotors will require an 8mm hub locator ring due to the larger rotor centre bore, the JZA80 requires a 2mm one.

I'm also working on some brackets to bolt cheaper 4 pot brakes onto the biggest possibly rotor to clear under a 17" rim, but this is likely to take a while longer to develop so anybody wanting something readily available now, nightpager gear is it.
    Moo

depending on the price i could be interested
    Originally posted by Looonie
    Guys, think of offset like a chick's age, the lower the number, the hotter it is, but if you get below puberty (10-12) then you'll probably require some body work (ie - safeguarding your anus when you land in jail) to pull it off.

Comment

Me too. In like Flynn, unless big $$ lol.

Are they for front only or do you have a rear set too?
      "I was doing fine, right up until mid corner, where I ran out of talent" - DNF racer.

Comment

Does the R32 324mm rotors require machining of the hub like the JZA80 ones do with the nightpagers bracket kit?
        - Complete English z20 Wiring Diagrams
        - All Circuits
        - Every Connector
        - Completely in English.

Comment

Ok so the engineers are moving to a new location so it'll be next week when I get a quote on the replicas.

Axis: Front only, don't see any need to upgrade rear brakes other than slotting the rotors and using good pads.

Z2TT: I'm unsure of that at this stage as I'm still trying to get my hands on a set for mockup purposes. Rather not go buy new gear at this stage.
          Moo

Comment

Sounds good,

I read about some issues with pad overhang that people weren't to happy about with the Nightpagers kit, do you recon you could make some mods/improvements or are you just looking at making straight copies?

Would not upgrading the rear cause any sort of braking problems, e.g having much larger front rotors/calipers in proportion to rear?
            - All Circuits
            - Every Connector
            - Completely in English.

Comment

much interest pending price.
              http://garageslipway.wordpress.com/sigpic

Comment

i will take a set.. Dont care bout price.. Also should jus get them made for jza70 300mm rotors.. Straight bolt up slotted rotors from off the shelf.. Easy done.. No spacing no nothing
                House of Automotive .. 0412583177 .. ABN - 49 305 391 332
                Servicing, Repairs and Modifications to everything from Bunkys to Ferrari's all at the best prices

Originally posted by Axis Monkey
                Boris. She won't show you her boobs.

Comment

JZA70 300mm Rotors? I don't get it. You mean running the Skyline calipers with the Supra MA70/JZA70 Rotors?

I'd prefer the 324mm
                  Last edited by Z2TT; 09-12-2010, 10:07 PM.
                  - All Circuits
                  - Every Connector
                  - Completely in English.

Comment

yeh.. 324mm is for looks only.. Why fuck around weakening a stub axle when you can jus put what is ment to fit and looks big enuf..

Thats my opinion neways..
                    Servicing, Repairs and Modifications to everything from Bunkys to Ferrari's all at the best prices

Comment

Can you clarify about weakening the stub axle?

The larger rotors will provide greater leverage for stopping power and as Z20's are definitely not a lightweight, I think a significantly larger diameter rotor is needed as IMO 300mm just doesn't cut it, even slotted with good pads and fluid. Unless its for a purely stock street car. Once you start taking things over 300hp and want to use it on the track (even casually at track days) I would prefer the safety of knowing the braking power is overkill and I'm not going to run out of brakes at the end of a straight on my 4th or 5th consecutive lap.

But as I am hoping to get into serious track work, I place more value on handling and braking than I do on outright power or interior bling *shrug*

To have brackets used to bolt the 4 pots up to 300mm rotors would require re-engineering of the brackets, which would raise the cost substantially. Copying the existing design should be a lot cheaper, and utilising a bigger rotor will give a better result but still be (hopefully) a straight fit option (presuming the GTR 324mm rotors fit on the hub fine).
                      Moo

Comment

interested pending price
                        1987 Toyota Soarer *Z20- 1jzgte - Top mount GT35R - Custom plenum/intake - 3inch zorst - TEIN coilovers - 18x9's - Brass button - 1.5way LSD -

Comment

Interested pending fitment + price.
                          - All Circuits
                          - Every Connector
                          - Completely in English.

Comment

Fair call i can respect your opinion.. But braking power from 300 to 323mm will not be any greater, when you talk over 360mm maybe its more of a contact area to heat up..

And also to fit jza80 discs the stub axle needs maching down which brings the end of the stub axle diameter very close to the wheel stud.. Your only talking like 4mm left by my calculations.. But i spose plenty of people have used them so who knows

can you explain about the spacer that is needed? Thats one thing im not sure of

Comment

Thats the reasoning why I'm aiming to try and use GT-r brake rotors rather than JZA80 ones. Hopefully they fit over the hub without modification. However the hub centering diameter on the GT-R rotor is 68mm whereas the JZA70 is only 60mm so you would need an 8mm hubcentric ring to locate the disc on the hub. Not essential, but I'd prefer to have them.

Otherwise, with the JZA80 brake rotors you need a 3mm thick spacer behind the rotor (between hub and rotor) to space the rotor out so it is centred within the caliper due to the rotor height being 50mm on the JZA80 rotor versus 53.5 on the JZA70 ones.
                              Moo

Comment

Working...
                              X