No announcement yet.

Nightpager brackets - Group buy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, so I've finally gotten in to see my engineer.

To do one off copies of the nightpager kit (including 2 x caliper mount brackets and 2 x rotor spacers) will be $500NZD each.

If we get confirmed 10 people group buy, the price is only $350NZD per set. Unfortunately I don't have the funds to carry this, so it will mean payment up front. Postage of these to AU is $30NZD tracked.
    Moo

Comment

take that back - not intouch with nz exchange rate

Comment

group buy = $287 delivered
        Originally posted by Looonie
        Guys, think of offset like a chick's age, the lower the number, the hotter it is, but if you get below puberty (10-12) then you'll probably require some body work (ie - safeguarding your anus when you land in jail) to pull it off.

Comment

Whats is the exchange rate.. What thatll cost me like $10 right? Lol jks ill look on the net when i get the laptop out im on my phone atm
          House of Automotive .. 0412583177 .. ABN - 49 305 391 332
          Servicing, Repairs and Modifications to everything from Bunkys to Ferrari's all at the best prices

Originally posted by Axis Monkey
          Boris. She won't show you her boobs.

Comment

k guys.. approximately $290AUD posted if we can muster 10 people to buy a set..

i am definetly down.. tho this would probly have to be after new year in the first couple of weeks as A) the engineer will probly close and B) most people will probly be broke until after then lol

what you guys think?
            Servicing, Repairs and Modifications to everything from Bunkys to Ferrari's all at the best prices

Comment

BTW - If anyone is really keen, I can tell you of a 4 pot caliper that bolts straight on (although may need offset to centre on rotor, haven't checked that yet)

But will need around a 400mm brake rotor :P
              Moo

Comment

mr loonie did you want me to take my brackets down to a engineer here in syd and get a quote to see how much they want to copy them?
                Z20 SOARER WHORE (totalling 21 z20s so far)
                PREVIOUS RIDES - 5 GZ20 soarers, 4 MZ20 soarer, 2 MZ20 aerocabins soarers, 9 MZ21 soarers, 530hp 2jz MZ20 Soarer
                CURRENT - drift soarer with carbon fibre bonnet and boot and 8point cage, factory manual mz21 and aerocabin

Comment

would be keen on a set of these soon..

Comment

does anyone have a pic of the brackets? im a machinst(altho do fitting work atm) but i can see what my last workplace can put them out for??? if someone had a sketch with the sizes or cad i can find out some prices.

Comment

gu11ty has a set,his pics also

would be keen for a set maybe 2 if you think it can be done cheap enough.

quick google found this, same dude would make them as the camber arms
                      http://www.supramania.com/forums/sho...plica-adapters
                      Last edited by slipway; 27-12-2011, 06:33 PM.
                      http://garageslipway.wordpress.com/sigpic

Comment

the disc spacer would be easy just get that laser cut or water jet prob cost about $5(how thick is is like 5mm) each min cost is $80 so would have to get a few made, and the brackets prob laser or flame cut or water cut then just have to mill 2 slots and is that 2 tapped holes and 2 through? i used to do cnc machining would of just made up some in my lunch time. what materials are they? alloy for the spacers and mild steel for the brackets? could make it out of 350 grade or something? or high ten would be better?

Comment

Originally posted by slipway View Post
                          gu11ty has a set,his pics also

would be keen for a set maybe 2 if you think it can be done cheap enough.

quick google found this, same dude would make them as the camber arms
                          http://www.supramania.com/forums/sho...plica-adapters
                          that same set is in my possession now.

however as lovely as it seems in theory its not as picture perfect as google makes out. The Project Mu rotors that came with that kit (JZA80 323mm) are a bees dick too small on the inner hat diameter.. thus they will not slip over the Z20 hub without either a) machining the inside of the rotor out 2mm (not likely), or machining the hub diameter down 2mm.. (also not likely). i measured it up and checked it against JZA80 stock size too, so its fair to say.. that JZA80 rotors just don't fit this application.

I'm yet to test them with 350Z Track Edition 324mm rotors. From what I'm reading the inner hat clearance will be just enough, with no spacer required. but ill need to have a hub centric ring machined up to centre the rotor..
                          Last edited by hamgatan; 27-12-2011, 10:23 PM.

JZZ20 1988 Soarer GT Twin Turbo
                          1JZ-GTE + R154 + Garrett T04S/External Gate + 550cc + Bosch 040 + KoyoRad + Custom Plenum + 90mm TB + Kaaz 1.5Way + Cusco Comp-S + Cusco Strut Brace + Nightpager 4 Pot Conversion + HID's [GZ 20 WA]
                          | Black Knight
                          JZX90 1993 Mark II Tourer V Sugoi Ne~! | 270rwhp of Green Apple Splatters!
                          GDB 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX Stock and in MINT Unmolested Condition.
                          B7 2005 Audi A4 TFSI Quattro Turbo Keepin My Pimp Hand Strong.

Comment

why cant you machine the rotor? i know it would be anoying having to do it every time but if you got the 2pce ones you would only have to do it once...or is there not much meat there? and 2mm off the id 1mm per side? people just grind down the hub with a angle grinder dont they?

what size is the stock soarer rotors? i know the a70 stuff fits are they bigger rotors, 300mm? do they use the same hub and caliper bracket or what?

whats the centre hole size on the soarer 60mm like the a70 the jza80 is 62mm isnt it?(looking on the dba website)
                            Last edited by turbo_guy; 28-12-2011, 06:18 PM.

Comment

ok so i read the first page about the hub sizes etc...so is the 323mm really that much better then the 300mm? thats only 11.5mm more clamp area.

Comment

anyone got this 4 pot kit replicated with CAD and setting up a group buy still? my brakes are so shite feel so unsafe driving especially with a my 1jzzz

Comment

Working...
                                X