Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2jzmonster
    replied
    hey mate, ill cut it out this weekend for sure. send me a text to work out payment
    thanks

Leave a comment:

• Z2TT
    replied
    Hi Mate can you get back to me about that 1/4 window chassis section.

Yeah they are getting hard to find I'm importing my Next one.

Leave a comment:

• twowheeldan
    replied
    hi mate , do you still have the grille?
    cheers daniel

Leave a comment:

• pandaah
    replied
    Ah I see, shit seems these days tryna find a z20 just with an engine still installed is getting rare, all the big name cars are disappearing

Leave a comment:

• 2jzmonster
    replied
    yeh but that was with the 1j not the 2j

Leave a comment:

• pandaah
    replied
    Is this the car that holds the dyno record?

Leave a comment:

• 2jzmonster
    replied
    True, what happened was it went together like a foot in a sock, that nicely.

cars about to be sent to scrap metal, nearly got all the good parts off, next up is s14 2jz V mount goodness

Leave a comment:

• pandaah
    replied
    http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/191252622641?nav=SEARCH

I understand you won't have the same supplier accounts I have so there's an eBay link..

I'm not trying to preach that you must fix your car my way just wanted to ask how cos I knew what happened, anyway Goodluck with the sale

Leave a comment:

• nalchlan
    replied
    at toyota the part no. superceeds to a lexus part no. for bearings on the front ~ $70ea.

Leave a comment:

• 2jzmonster
    replied
    yeh that don't fall out there in a plastic race, once you get the inside inner race off, it all comes apart from there, pretty basic really..

Leave a comment:

• Z2TT
    replied
    Ok I've been reading this and trying to figure out whats been happening. So from what I take it 2jz monster you pressed out the original bearing and then dissembled it and re-greased it and then pressed it back together again then pressed the unit into the Hub harrier?

I was thinking when you first said you repacked it I was imagining removing a cover plate and balls fall out one by one but I remember the Soarer isn't like that so thats what confused me.

You can buy the bearing complete from Toyota and I believe there is OEM replacements and I dare say JZA80, JZZ30 and LS400 front would be the same.
    Last edited by Z2TT; 27-07-2014, 04:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 2jzmonster
    replied
    Bit hard to buy bearings for these if you have ever tried, any way you do it your way ill do it my way,

Leave a comment:

• pandaah
    replied
    It's a sealed bearing for the fact is prepacked and pressed together from factory, which has all the rollers to a set preload, then is pressed into the hub onto a shoulder and then a circlip goes in to hold the bearing onto it's shoulder, then the stub axle is pressed in

By knocking the stub axle out you've pressed the bearing apart by means of the inner race being a tolerance fit into the stub axle.. repacking that bearing and pressing/hammering the stub axle is not the correct method, as who's to measure the bearing preload or to say that the inner race has moved a couple thou on the stub axle..

I know exactly what you've done, yes its possible but it's the incorrect way to do it and the bearing should of been replaced.. I can also stick a screw driver into my turbo while it's running, it's possible, it's just not the correct way to do shit

Leave a comment:

• 2jzmonster
    replied
    its not really a "sealed bearing " it has a rotary seal like anything any other stub axle, except its in reverse, so once you lightly press it out i'm pretty sure theres a circlip in there that allows you to seperate the outta races

Leave a comment:

• 2jzmonster
    replied
    why google when i know what i did????

Leave a comment:

Working...
X