Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twin Mufflers on each side of Bumper? What mods are needed

Hi,

I figured this is more of a Body/looks mod so I put it here, I'm not very clued up in this area but I noticed lots of you guys have done custom Body work like Bodykit, Fenders,
    and Custom exterior stuff like that so I need advice.

I have aftermarket Twin Tip Muffler on factory location, I want to put another one on the other side of the bumper.

I want to know how I can go about doing this and if anybody here has done anything similar in past.

What I see needs to be the biggest problem is fuel tank in the way... so can the factory tank be made to 60% of it's size or 50% by modding it?
    That way it still mounts on it's hangers, but half of it or so would be missing. The problem there is the filler will be gone so would the fuel pump section. Is there rubber hose you can buy to extend the filler and have a different fill point tig welded in? and then run my filler neck to that fill point.

... or if this is just too complicated, is it easier to get a custom fuel tank made... or buy a fuel cell and somehow adapt it to fit on the factory hangers?
    I'd like to have about 20-30L Space to store fuel in it.

The second issue is getting a arch on the bumper on the other side the same as the factory one.... can this be worked into the factory one by cutting, and then Fibreglassing something or is there nothing for the Fibreglass to hold onto?

In this case do I need an Entire Rear bumper made, or can the lower section of my rear bumper be Re-done totally out of fibreglass?

What sort of shop should I book my car into to get some of this work done?
    Would a Racing Place be good to get the tank modified, and for the bumper work will a Panel Beater help or does it have to be a Body Kit or Fibreglass place?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Z2TT; 14-10-2012, 01:31 AM.
    - Complete English z20 Wiring Diagrams
    - All Circuits
    - Every Connector
    - Completely in English.

Fuel cell and cut out rear bar
    Always wondered what it would look like
    Originally posted by coFF33
    Its very easy if your not retarded. If you are retarded and dont like to get dirty and try hard, then forget about it
    Originally posted by GEEZ20
    quicker than a super car??? what engine are u packing?

Originally posted by Sports sedan
    7m

Comment

are you serious?.. youd rather a half the size fuel tank for another muffler that will do absolutely fuck all?.. boris sometimes you have some crazy ideas =/

its not a z30 remember

but i could do all of this at my shop, you cut the bumper then fibreglass/bog/polly primer the original bumper, but i still think its a crazy idea for no gain
      Last edited by pandaah; 14-10-2012, 09:00 PM.
      House of Automotive .. 0412583177 .. ABN - 49 305 391 332
      Servicing, Repairs and Modifications to everything from Bunkys to Ferrari's all at the best prices

Originally posted by Axis Monkey
      Boris. She won't show you her boobs.

Comment

Originally posted by pandaah View Post
        are you serious?.. youd rather a half the size fuel tank for another muffler that will do absolutely fuck all?.. boris sometimes you have some crazy ideas =/
        I was thinking relocating the tank, but keeping a large capacity (50-65L)
        Old merc I had the tank was where a typical lpg tank goes

These are ideas I have for the v12, when it gets that far...
        Its very easy if your not retarded. If you are retarded and dont like to get dirty and try hard, then forget about it

7m

Comment

Ok Sounds Good I guess then it can be done, I've began work already. I took the car to an exhaust shop and now I have Twin 2.5" Pipes with cool looking Parallel mufflers side by side on each side of the diff like a muscle car !!!

Well for fuel tank 3 Options

- Small Fuel Cell and make brackets to hold to Chassis.
          - Get tank from another car which is not as long and has correct size cutout to fit z20 pump but Sender if I remember is separate?
          which cars should I look at?

- Get the Original tank shortened.
          Last edited by Z2TT; 15-10-2012, 01:49 PM.
          - Complete English z20 Wiring Diagrams
          - All Circuits
          - Every Connector
          - Completely in English.

Comment

what about mounting a z30 tank behind the back seat?
            MZ21, 1JZGTE, LPG twin tanks, moon roof, 20 x 8 Dolce Vita leonardo rims, 4.5 inch stright through exhaust catless and muffler less, sparg plug fitted at the end for flamage of unburnt gas . Future mods: VK commdore front end panels and lights, EB falcon station wagon diff and leaf spring setup, 2000kg tow hitch

Comment

WTF!

mz21 with vk front?

GET OFF THE CRACKPIPE

seriously hope your sig is a joke

7m

Comment

Oh boy.

Couldn't imagine how gay this would look with the 20s, now you wanna go VK as well?
                Originally posted by EnFlaMEd
                No exhaust. Cooler piping not connected. Mexicun fitmentl
                ☆★ pman's 1jzz20 | skid machine of the brown sort ★☆

Comment

Working...
                X