Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 280mm to 300mm brake swap

My MZ21 has the smaller 280mm rotors.

I would like to swap to the larger 300mm (MA70) rotors as these are loads easier to get hold of in the UK.

What do I need to carry out the swap?

Get the Brackets from a car with 300mm Rotors that attaches the Calipers to the Hub Carrier.
    - Complete English z20 Wiring Diagrams
    - All Circuits
    - Every Connector
    - Completely in English.

Comment

I thought that was probably the case. Thanks for confirming.

Comment

yep and maybe slightly longer brake lines too
        I can no longer swap pads without removing the caliper completely as it doesnt lift enough when 1 bolt is pulled
        Originally posted by coFF33
        Its very easy if your not retarded. If you are retarded and dont like to get dirty and try hard, then forget about it
        Originally posted by GEEZ20
        quicker than a super car??? what engine are u packing?

Originally posted by Sports sedan
        7m

Comment

Did you undo the Brake line bracket on the Hub Carrier held on by two bolts?
          - All Circuits
          - Every Connector
          - Completely in English.

Comment

Sorry to bring back an old thread, but just to make sure. If I got ma70 supra caliper brackets they would bolt on to the mz calipers and knuckles? Which would allow me to run the same front rotors as an a70? Brake pads should be the same as well? And the rear setup is identical to an ma70. Been searching for info everywhere it's hard to get z20 specific parts in the u.s.
            -thanks

Comment

Yes that's right, you will use a MA70 caliper bracket and re-use your z20 calipers, so they will be spaced out to accept the larger 300mm supra front rotors. Brake pads the same.

Rear setup is Identical from your US MA70 to Turbo z20's.

Basically most driveline, suspension, brake and engine bay gear suitable for a70's will fit right upto the z20's, it's the same chassis in many of these areas.
              - All Circuits
              - Every Connector
              - Completely in English.

Comment

Awesome! Thanks for confirming, I was under the impression that I had to buy all new calipers,brackets,pads and rotors. Saves me some time and money.

Comment

Working...
                X