Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspension

Hi Guys,

Quick Question, I dont think I want to go down the whole Coilover route and just upgrade my current set up as its way to hard and violent set up for a street car, I just want to change my springs to maybe some King springs and get some softer shocks.

I just wanted to ask as i have JZA70 struts in mine is all the MA70 stuff the same? I just need to be able to order in some new springs and shocks, might even set it up myself at home.

Any feedback would be helpful

Andy
    How a Turbo works- Air gets sucked in, Witchcraft happens then you go faster!

Or, Am I better getting a set of Tein coilovers, I am just unsure as to the legality of them on the road. Havnt researched enough, apparently versions of them are ADR compliant and can be signed off by an engineer?

Would prefer just a basic spring and shock change though.

Comment

ma70, ga70, jza70 all the same, i had lowered kings in my soarer originally and it was quite comfortable but dont expect it to handle any better just gives that better look. i would look into the hsd street series they still give you some comfort with the benefits of adjustable coilovers. and no you dont need to get coilovers engineered.
      1989 JZZ20 Soarer 1JZGTE, The Project.
      1992 LN106 Hilux 4x4 5L, The Daily

Comment

+1 for what vash said.

My soarer came with KYB shocks and lowered springs....didnt handle any better just lowered it a few mm at best.
        now running HSD coilovers, there was a mix up so ended up with street/track series.
        Is fairly stiff for daily driving, but handles like a go kart compared to stock.

coilovers would nearly be the same price as aftermarket shocks and springs.

Comment

My first Soarer (may peace be upon him), had JZA70 Bilsteins in it. It handled like it was on rails but the ride was very harsh.

Currently I run 8kg/4kg Coilovers and they handle much better and less harsh, they are firm over bumps, but much less harsh compared to the Bilsteins.
          - Complete English z20 Wiring Diagrams
          - All Circuits
          - Every Connector
          - Completely in English.

Comment

Yes mine has JZA70 Bilsteins and its like a rock, its very good handling but on the road is boardering rediculous for comfort, seeing its a street car and my daily.

Comment

Weren't tein super streets apparently supposed to be made as a comfortable strut?
              They seem to have fairly soft spring rates.
              - Complete English z20 Wiring Diagrams
              - All Circuits
              - Every Connector
              - Completely in English.

Comment

I think for cost and being a daily, I might look at getting just a set of King Springs and new shock absorbers vs spending a Grand and a bit on coilovers.

Comment

hmm on closer inspection there isnt much in the price haha.
                  I thought you did need to get coilovers engineered, or maybe thats only for certain types ie camber adjustable etc, i remember reading somewhere something needs to be set then locked off or welded to be signed off?

Vash any extra help would be appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                  X