X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• power windows

hi guys,

so been bashing my head against the wall with the power windows,

at first i thought the switches were stuffed now i got new working switches...tested b4 taking out... the passanger side still wont work and wont work from the drivers side master control either but the drivers side window works fine

need help asap for rwc

anyone know how to fix this or know what the problem might be???

cheers

check if the motor is getting power..
    Originally posted by Looonie
    Guys, think of offset like a chick's age, the lower the number, the hotter it is, but if you get below puberty (10-12) then you'll probably require some body work (ie - safeguarding your anus when you land in jail) to pull it off.

Comment

check the wires that run inside the rubber boot between the door hinges, i had the same problem after taking the boot off and inspecting the wires 2 had snapped. must of just happened over the years of opening and closing.

other than that just take off the door skin and get power straight to the motor see if it still works.
      1989 JZZ20 Soarer 1JZGTE, The Project.
      1992 LN106 Hilux 4x4 5L, The Daily

Comment

power direct to the window is the first diagnostic test, positive and negative in one config will make it go up, swap the wires and itll go down..
        House of Automotive .. 0412583177 .. ABN - 49 305 391 332
        Servicing, Repairs and Modifications to everything from Bunkys to Ferrari's all at the best prices

Originally posted by Axis Monkey
        Boris. She won't show you her boobs.

Comment

just thought i'd chime in because although my power windows work they go up and down really slow and even slower without the motor running.

dodgy regulator?
          Grey '86 Z20, Full silver kit, Factory manual + few little things. Very slowly progressing

Comment

door skin off cant locate the window motor i must be a retard but had my hand in up and around the in side of the door cant feel or see the motor ???lol

where bouts is this thing??? haha

Comment

yep blonde moment haha

motor screwed

in need now of one

Comment

Just to bring this up again I am having similar trouble.

Passenger switch operates the window intermittently. Driver side passenger switch will open it but not close it unless I keep the button held down for about 30 seconds. Drivers window works fine.

Also my sunroof is being temperamental as well. Sometimes works sometimes it doesn't.

I pulled everything apart today and went nuts with contact cleaner. Also used a screw driver to try scrape all the terminals a bit even though they all look fine. This hasn't made much difference.

Any suggestions anyone?
                Last edited by EnFlaMEd; 23-10-2011, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Take switches apart maybe?
                  Last edited by Z2TT; 02-07-2012, 12:10 PM.
                  - Complete English z20 Wiring Diagrams
                  - All Circuits
                  - Every Connector
                  - Completely in English.

Comment

Originally posted by Z2TT View Post
                    contact cleaner will probably not fix very very burnt contacts you'll have to scrape it off and also make sure the switches are working properly something inside could be loose and intermittently contacting.

When you said you pulled everything apart, did you take the switches apart?
                    no just removed the switch unit from the bezel. I tried to pull them apart but I started cracking the plastic so I gave up.

Comment

You will find it's probably the switch contacts need cleaning.
                      - Complete English z20 Wiring Diagrams
                      - All Circuits
                      - Every Connector
                      - Completely in English.

Comment

Ill have to give it another crack. Though both the sunroof and passenger window worked flawlessly today lol. Tomorrow they will both be stuffed again probably.

Comment

having the same problem... did anyone come up with anything? My passenger window only works if i power the plug directly tried different switches which i know work but still nothing. Does the passenger side window get its power from the drivers side?

Comment

my window is stuck down, the motor i believe is getting power to it because when i activate the switch up or down i can hear a click from within my door.... rooted motor?

Comment

I replaced my battery for a bigger one and they power up n down great now and the sunroof

Comment

Working...
                              X