1J or 2J

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1J or 2J

Looking at converting my 1g into a 1j or 2 wondering what you guys thought would be the best idea and what creates the best permormance?

I would love a 2j. If you have ever seen the Morpowa 180sx you will understand why.

2jz mated with a 6 speed getrag supra box is not going to be cheap, but the engine is better than any other tuning engine, rated higher than the rb26dett.

1jz, cheap, strong, more than enough power.
    1986 JZZ20

Comment

If you actually have the choice (or rather, the money to burn) then go the 2j everytime. The 1j is awesome, but a z20 with a 2j is better if you want actual shit-your-pants power with just bolt on mods and will probably be more reliable for higher outputs

That being said its up to how much power you want to make, although the 2j offers enough torque to pull christ off the cross! You could always be different and go for the vvti 1j, as I may do when I finish uni (unless a 2j comes up at the same or better price)

Comment

2j would be welll worth it. how difficult would it be to find a V161 gearbox or front cut thou?

Comment

You can run an R154 gearbox with the 2JZ.

Comment

I've previously owned a Z20 with a 1JZ. It was awesome, went hard, easy conversion to do (JZA70 Half Cut, switch everything over, and bobs your aunty) but i found it to be lacking a little bit in the torque department. In saying that, i had a mammoth turbo, which gave awesome top end power, but little to none bottom end driveability.

I now own another Z20, and am going to go for a 2JZ. 2JZ conversion isnt that hard (2JZ, rear sump, JZA70 engine mounts, R154 box, JZA70/Z20 tailshaft combo etc etc... It will be more expensive, but at the end of the day, i'll have a 2JZ Z20.

I'll let you know how it turns out. :P

Comment

Originally posted by seven View Post
              I would love a 2j. If you have ever seen the Morpowa 180sx you will understand why.

2jz mated with a 6 speed getrag supra box is not going to be cheap, but the engine is better than any other tuning engine, rated higher than the rb26dett.

1jz, cheap, strong, more than enough power.
              definitly right an incredible engine abeilt expensive considering you can get most the perks youd need from a 1jz im opting the v8 myself somthing if you wanted drivability and sound over the high performance jz engines just waiting on the 1g to die :P
              Politics make me soooo horny!

Comment

Always thought of doing the 1uz conversion but the cost of squeezing out more power puts me off. They sound absolutely awesome however and would be great to drive. I believe being alloy it is also fairly light. Would be great fun in the hills

Supercharge it for skids galore

Comment

Look put it this way if you have money to throw around then go for a 2J. if you dont then go for a 1J.
                  -Sleeper MX83 + 2JZ + R154
                  -Ford Mav 93 (Patrol) TD42, 2871r, 35" BFG KM2's, 4inch lift, 3" exhaust, front locked and rear shimmed LSD.

Comment

Working...
                  X