More 1jz swap questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More 1jz swap questions

I have been digging through as many threads as possible so I don't keep asking questions that have been covered, but there are a couple things that I don't really see mentioned.

First, on my 1ggte, the alt is on the pass side, and the 1jz alt is on the drivers side. Will the 1jz harness account for this and be plug and play? I know that I have to repin the dash plug on the 1jz harness, but do I have to mod any of the loom under the hood as well?

Second, the ps pumps are also on opposite sides. I assume I have to have new lines made to accommodate this?

Finally, I am ditching the hydro fan and buying a 2jzgte water pump. Can I use a jza80 pulley, fan and clutch? The reason I ask is because it is easy for me to get jza80 parts here, but not soarer parts.

Thanks for any help!

Alternator - the 1JZ Alternator Plug is on the Engine harness itself, where as 1G one comes off the Body loom. You will Need to Trace the wires off the 1JZ Loom and then wire them into the plug off your z20 Body Loom. For Wiring 1JZ-GTE In, yes you will need to modify wiring in Engine bay, it is not plug and play.

P/S Pump - Yes you can either run a feed line from the original bottle to 1JZ Pump, or Install a bottle on the passengers side. JZA70 Setup will bolt in but hard to find, you can use bottle from another car and adapt to fit then run feed hose.

High pressure line a JZZ30 one will work.

Water Pump - Yes that pulley will work, you will need to see if the JZA80 fan will clear the factory Shroud, you will need to use a MZ20 or MA70 shroud for correct positioning. If it's the same size as a JZZ30 fan then it will work.
    - Complete English z20 Wiring Diagrams
    - All Circuits
    - Every Connector
    - Completely in English.

Comment

Thank you, sir! Just the information I was looking for

Comment

Okay, I have another noob question... What inlet/outlet orientation do I need for my fuel pump? Is it the same as a mkiii supra? I'm looking to run an aeromotive 340.

Thanks

Comment

Mr Z2TT, I was looking at the wiring today, and it is obvious what I have to do to my alternator wiring and ps now. I have started tracing out the looms plug by plug looking for differences. Instead of reinventing the wheel, can you tell me which plugs in particular need attention? I know that ig1 will need to be repinned. Are there any other plugs I will have to modify? I traced both z20 and jza70 ih1 pin by pin already and they seem identical. I could save some time if I know which plugs I can ignore. Thank you sir for any direction.

Comment

Okay, I have the following plugs by the fuse box. I know what to do with the alternator wiring.

The yellow plug has me a bit confused, though I think it should be for my main efi relay and AC if I am not mistaken?

Another confusing plug that I am not even sure if I use is the round yellow plug seen here at the very bottom of the pic. I think it may be a test plug or something optional that was not even used.

Comment

Fuel Pump - Same Orientation as the factory pump.

z20 does not have a IH1 Plug, only JZA70 does, and there is no plug on z20 that is identical to the IH1 Plug, different shape but most functions on z20 and jza70 are carried on a similar looking plug. z20 does most of these functions on the C1 Plug.

Yes that yellow plug is mainly for EFI main relay trigger and power supply to Engine Loom.

The plugs that are related to the conversion are JZA70 - IH1, IG1, EA2.
              IH2 is mostly for Autobox related indicators and functions.

z20 Plugs are C1, D1 and the Orange connector in your picture.
              - Complete English z20 Wiring Diagrams
              - All Circuits
              - Every Connector
              - Completely in English.

Comment

Thanks! Can you tell me which plugs are C1 D1? I am having a hard time finding z20 diagrams. I think that I have the orange plug, alt, and ac figured out now

Comment

I consolidate some of my wiring questions in my build thread here.

http://z20soarer.org/forums/showthre...8613#post48613

I have made some wiring progress, and feel like I am close.

Comment

Working...
                  X