Are A70 and Z20 front seats the same?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are A70 and Z20 front seats the same?

just wondering if anyone knows for sure, from what i can see in photos they look very much the same.

looking at buying those seats covers they are selling on ebay at the moment.
    1989 JZZ20 Soarer 1JZGTE, The Project.
    1992 LN106 Hilux 4x4 5L, The Daily

No seats are completely different but the seat rails are identical

JZZ20 1988 Soarer GT Twin Turbo
    1JZ-GTE + R154 + Garrett T04S/External Gate + 550cc + Bosch 040 + KoyoRad + Custom Plenum + 90mm TB + Kaaz 1.5Way + Cusco Comp-S + Cusco Strut Brace + Nightpager 4 Pot Conversion + HID's [GZ 20 WA]
    | Black Knight
    JZX90 1993 Mark II Tourer V Sugoi Ne~! | 270rwhp of Green Apple Splatters!
    GDB 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX Stock and in MINT Unmolested Condition.
    B7 2005 Audi A4 TFSI Quattro Turbo Keepin My Pimp Hand Strong.

Comment

Indeed, straight bolt in fitment though so JZA70 recaros are nice easy upgrade.
      Moo

Comment

If you can find a pair that isn't torn and ripped

1JZ-GTE + R154 + Garrett T04S/External Gate + 550cc + Bosch 040 + KoyoRad + Custom Plenum + 90mm TB + Kaaz 1.5Way + Cusco Comp-S + Cusco Strut Brace + Nightpager 4 Pot Conversion + HID's [GZ 20 WA]
        | Black Knight

Comment

what are the differences?
          I have one of each sitting in front of me (one of the nicer z20 seats, not teh ghey ones), and they seem same to me except

1 colour
          2 materiel (cloth vs leather)
          3 Seat belt guide over shouder (attatched to a70 seat)

Is there something I missed???
          Originally posted by coFF33
          Its very easy if your not retarded. If you are retarded and dont like to get dirty and try hard, then forget about it
          Originally posted by GEEZ20
          quicker than a super car??? what engine are u packing?

Originally posted by Sports sedan
          7m

Comment

Admittedly I haven't looked at stock Soarer seats in a while (nor supra ones) but off the top of my head I would have actually thought they were identical seats, just with more bolstering in the Supra and a "sportier" trim...
            Moo

Comment

theyre not. look closely and youll see the difference.

a horribly retrimmed MA70 seat

vs a standard MZ21 Leather seat

The stitch lines are completely different and the Soarer lumbar support is different, youll notice it tapers in far more giving a better hug. I've owned a MA70 in the past as well so yeah I can tell you theyre definitely different..

| Black Knight

Comment

I assumed the stitch lines were just cosmetic, but yeah given the original question, I think the seat covers would fit
                Originally posted by coFF33
                Its very easy if your not retarded. If you are retarded and dont like to get dirty and try hard, then forget about it
                Originally posted by GEEZ20
                quicker than a super car??? what engine are u packing?

Originally posted by Sports sedan
                7m

Comment

Those top ones (horribly re-trimmed) loom more like MA61 seats than MA70 seats...

A70 Supra

Z20 Soarer
                  Moo

Comment

Originally posted by Looonie View Post
                    Those top ones (horribly re-trimmed) loom more like MA61 seats than MA70 seats...
                    actually you could be right.. they kind of do look like my old MA61 ones (just not in that colour scheme)..

| Black Knight

Comment

well these are what i was looking at

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/280795640...84.m1423.l2649

looking at those pics you put up loonie the only difference i can see is the bottom part of the seat the edges seem to taper in a bit more on the z20 seats, but that could just be the photo :S

might give leathal a yell see if i can compare mine to the ones in his ga70.
                      1989 JZZ20 Soarer 1JZGTE, The Project.
                      1992 LN106 Hilux 4x4 5L, The Daily

Comment

what seats are better to sit in/ hold you in better? i have some supra seats in the shed ill have a look also, could just put supra seats in if the covers dont fit properly.

just remove that seatbelt thing and get them made without a hole for it.

quite interested in a set myself.
                        http://garageslipway.wordpress.com/sigpic

Comment

Quick question fellas, would aftermarket rails for an a70 (to fit brides, recaro's, etc) be a perfect fit for z20's?
                          Considering the stock rails are identical id presume they are, aren't they?
                          Cheers
                          Ken
                          My One off, High expectation, z20 doridriftmobile.. Yeahhhhh buddy!!!

Comment

yes. same same
                            http://garageslipway.wordpress.com/sigpic

Comment

were can i score one of those centre console armrests?

Comment

Working...
                              X