Attaching BOV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attaching BOV

Ok im not a n00b when it comes to forced induction, i just may be having a blonde moment

1G-GTE, does it have a factory BOV, and if it does is it that plumbback looking thing on the intake plenum to the front of the throttlebody? and is that the best place to mount a BOV? and are there any noice little niches i may have overlooked on the FMIC piping or boost runner for a BOV?

i am completely out of my comfort zone with the 1G as its the first time i have ever even seen one let alone worked on it.... ahaha

but i love it anyway

Z20 FTW!
    "I was doing fine, right up until mid corner, where I ran out of talent" - DNF racer.

nah man they dont have a factory bov, not hard to attatch one though. the thing your talking about is the ISCV.
    1989 JZZ20 Soarer 1JZGTE, The Project.
    1992 LN106 Hilux 4x4 5L, The Daily

Comment

Originally posted by VasH View Post
      nah man they dont have a factory bov, not hard to attatch one though. the thing your talking about is the ISCV.
      Ok sure! so what is the ISCV for outta curiosity?

i know its not hard to attach em, just in my forced induction experiance i have worked on nissans, nissans, nissans, oh yeah and ford lasers...Gimme some hints? are there any blanked off pipes that i can use???????? whats the best way in the gods of 1G's opinions??

Kthxbai!
      "I was doing fine, right up until mid corner, where I ran out of talent" - DNF racer.

Comment

idle sensor control valve, for cold starts. lets more air in.

one of those 3 vacumm hoses on the front of the plenum can be used thats where ive seen most of em hooked up. not exactly sure which one just check where they are going. i had my boost gauge hooked up to the one closest to the passenger side.
        1989 JZZ20 Soarer 1JZGTE, The Project.
        1992 LN106 Hilux 4x4 5L, The Daily

Comment

isvc = idle stabiliser valve controller or some shit...

check my pic in this thread dude....

http://www.z20soarer.org/forums/show...4782#post14782

youll see my BOV is mounted on the turbo side rubber pipe that attaches to the alloy intercooler pipe, you could put it on the intake side rubber pipe too doesnt matter, anywhere in the system works aslong as you plumb a vacuum line from after the throttle butterfly to the blow off..
          House of Automotive .. 0412583177 .. ABN - 49 305 391 332
          Servicing, Repairs and Modifications to everything from Bunkys to Ferrari's all at the best prices

Originally posted by Axis Monkey
          Boris. She won't show you her boobs.

Comment

lol same time post... also it works with the aircon and all other load activating things on the engine to bump up the idle, cold or hot

i thought it was stabiliser but sensor will do =P
            Servicing, Repairs and Modifications to everything from Bunkys to Ferrari's all at the best prices

Comment

Originally posted by pandaah View Post
              isvc = idle stabiliser valve controller or some shit...

check my pic in this thread dude....

http://www.z20soarer.org/forums/show...4782#post14782

youll see my BOV is mounted on the turbo side rubber pipe that attaches to the alloy intercooler pipe, you could put it on the intake side rubber pipe too doesnt matter, anywhere in the system works aslong as you plumb a vacuum line from after the throttle butterfly to the blow off..
              just so you know i do know how to install one, all im after is where...

Yes ok i look like a n00b now.. hahahaha what i meant was are there any places you can mount it without using an adapter but nevermind.

So where did you get the adapter pandaah? it looks like i need one ^_^

thanks for the input and support guys its appreciated

Comment

adapter = man made.... there so simple its basically a t-piece with 2 ends that fit the intercooler rubber hose and the 3rd end has to be the size of the pipe needed to fit the blow off your mounting..

most blow offs need a different size pipe and some need a flange altogether.. should cost like $50 for an exhaust shop to make you up something unless you have a welder

Comment

The best place to put it will be here :

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/7...twinturbo6.jpg

Circled in red is where you should put it, because it's close to the throttle body so you don't have to run a very long vacuum line to it.

You can also attach it to where Pandaah has put it. Remember you have to make an adaptor that the bov goes on, so you can just cut the rubber pipe, stick the adaptor pipe in there and just clamp it on.
                  - Complete English z20 Wiring Diagrams
                  - All Circuits
                  - Every Connector
                  - Completely in English.

Comment

Originally posted by Z2TT View Post
                    The best place to put it will be here :

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/7...twinturbo6.jpg

Circled in red is where you should put it, because it's close to the throttle body so you don't have to run a very long vacuum line to it.

You can also attach it to where Pandaah has put it. Remember you have to make an adaptor that the bov goes on, so you can just cut the rubber pipe, stick the adaptor pipe in there and just clamp it on.
                    Hokai!

I will make one on the weekend... lol buying is easier tho ^_^

Holleeee sheeeeet Z2TT is that your engine bay? the powdercoated white is teh SEKS! i can feel a wallet bruising coming on here from a car thats suppossed to be a cheap daily driver for now... i guess thats what you get yourself into by joining a forum where everyone has the same car..

My wallet is cringing

so am I

Comment

lol that engine bay is a sprinter not z2tt's... i like the white pipes too tho =P

Comment

lol that engine bay is a sprinter not z2tt's... i like the white pipes too tho =P
                        *facepalm*

hahaha well actually i am a BMW/ Mitsubishi man, this is the first Toyota i have ever owned hey... Lol hung out to dry

Comment

unless its an M3 like the one i have at work i wouldnt own a beamer =P

Comment

unless its an M3 like the one i have at work i wouldnt own a beamer =P
                            Zing!!!! ouch.. well imnot gonna argue the point, cos each to his own you know?

Im hoping to buy something like this BMW in a few months i gotta sell the commodore first... else ill have too many cars....

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/...=turbo&trecs=4

Not this exact one but an E30 with a turbo kit or turbo engine swap...

mmmmmmmm

lol

Comment

they make engine and gearbox mount kits to fit 2jz + R154 on ebay...... that would be pritty cool to actually see one on the road

Comment

Working...
                              X