$30 Bleed Valve Boost Controller

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $30 Bleed Valve Boost Controller

Hi, I'm thinking of buying a bleed valve to raise the boost on my 1g-gte, I found this one :

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Turbotech-man...QQcmdZViewItem

Has anybody had any experience with these?

I haven't heard about anybody plumbing the air back into the intake, they just bleed it out, wont this cause the engine to run rich?

Should this bled air be plumbed back into the intake? If so then where should I plumb it back into?
    - Complete English z20 Wiring Diagrams
    - All Circuits
    - Every Connector
    - Completely in English.

ive had sumthin like that on my 1st sosarer
    they did the job ok
    Z20 SOARER WHORE (totalling 21 z20s so far)
    PREVIOUS RIDES - 5 GZ20 soarers, 4 MZ20 soarer, 2 MZ20 aerocabins soarers, 9 MZ21 soarers, 530hp 2jz MZ20 Soarer
    CURRENT - drift soarer with carbon fibre bonnet and boot and 8point cage, factory manual mz21 and aerocabin

Comment

they are very good...installed 4 of those on my mates cars....come highly recommended by hot 4's aswell

cant go wrong with em

Comment

yeh man they sick. i was using one, got sick of adjusting though, never spiked on me!
        stock auto white gz20 daily, SOLD

brown gz20 with 1jz and r154, JIC coils, safc 2, locker, straight pipes and garrett gt3540 with external wastegate

Comment

Sounds good.

Anybody know where I could get a cheap boost guage, or does anybody have a boost guage they would sell to me?
          - All Circuits
          - Every Connector
          - Completely in English.

Comment

If they work the same as a turbunetics boost t, which looks like it would, i am using one in my car and it works quite well i have no complaints. When i reached the desired boost level it has needed no further adjustment.

I see supercheap flogging off cheap boost guages too, i think theyre about 35bucks.

Comment

i got mine for extreme mates rates at repco lol supercheap sell them pretty cheapish, good when they have their sales

brown gz20 with 1jz and r154, JIC coils, safc 2, locker, straight pipes and garrett gt3540 with external wastegate

Comment

Thanks looks like im going to get it.

Since I have 2 turbo's here's how im going to set it up, correct me if I'm wrong or if there's a better way.

The hose going from the T pieces to the bleed valve will be about 30 - 40cm long as I want to mount my Bleed valve near the firewall, so i can easily adjust it, will I experience boost spiking from such a long hose?
                - All Circuits
                - Every Connector
                - Completely in English.

Comment

all u do is remove the turbo to wastegate vacuum lines, run a vacuum line from first wastegate to second wastegate, then run a seperate line from turbo to turbo, then get 2 T-pieces and join the two lines with the boost t in the middle.

i cant seem to view pix, so dunno how ya doing it lol

Comment

im stpid when it comes to this type of stuff could some1 please post a how to whilst doing it

Comment

i would but mine single turbo now, all i do is boost t between the wastegate vacuum line and intercooler pipe

Comment

A picture says a thousand words

Comment

Working...
                        X