Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does any body know a boss kit that will fit?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does any body know a boss kit that will fit?

i've had a look around and and most car acessory places dont stock any z20 spec boss kits just woundering if anybody knew a more common cars kit that will fit or maybee if i could ask for an a70 supra one? im not sure if they share any common parts in that area iv been told that a celica one will fit with slight modification but dont know if i want the hassle if theres somthing that will fit straight out? the steering wheel is a nardi style momo ligier any helps apritiated
    Politics make me soooo horny!

could ask em for ma70 supra that should be the same i believe celica ones fit too

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/TOYOTA-HKB-BO...QQcmdZViewItem
    1989 JZZ20 Soarer 1JZGTE, The Project.
    1992 LN106 Hilux 4x4 5L, The Daily

Comment

hey that mite do and a better price then what the stores have been asking cheers
      Politics make me soooo horny!

Comment

i have the same promble i have asked heaps of place but none seem to know.

Comment

as far as i know there the same as a corolla, ask around toymods maybe someone there might have some more info.
          1989 JZZ20 Soarer 1JZGTE, The Project.
          1992 LN106 Hilux 4x4 5L, The Daily

Comment

not sure what boss kit i had on my mx73 cressida but it fit right onto my z20

Comment

all toyota bosses are the same, they will all fit anything the only thing thats different about them is some wont turn off your indicator after a turn but that never bothered me :P

my momo wheel has been on both celicas both camrys, my 4runner my crown a even my charade as their owned by toyota so thus the same

and as expected its on my soarer now
              My Rides--
              86 MZ21 soarer --- once loved, but now a cube!
              88 Ga70 supra --- Overcooled and underpowered but so damn rad
              94 Vr Commodore --- Can you say single pegger skids?

Comment

I have a momo steering wheel boss off a jza70 if you want it

Comment

i got a celica boss kit on at the moment. It was the cheapest toyota one i could get :P

i just drilled 3 holes into it so it cancels the indicator now too.
                  i just need to wire up the horn if im bothered :P

Comment

Im soon fixing my bosskit in the Mark II , as its a JZA70 booskit and will not cancel out my indicators when the wheel returns to straight after a corner.

there are certain tabs on back of the boss kit which have to be:

1. the same size as the steering coloum tabs
                    2. the same shape

so to get around this problem , i will have to re-drill differnet sized holes on the rear of the boss kit so it can slide onto the tabs on my coloum.

Ill write up a thread in the "HOW TO" section soon

As far as im aware in regards to WHAT FITS Z20 , the following have been rumored to fit 100% without issues:

RA65 Celica
                    RA40 Celica
                    AE92 Corolla
                    AE101 Corolla
                    coFF33.wordpress.com

Comment

Toyota boss kits are all the same by and large
                      just different depth, as different cars had dished steering wheels more then others.
                      ie: KE70 rolla was dished more then an AE82 rolla...
                      found this out by buying a KE70 boss kit, putting it on the AE82, and banging my fingers on the dash and blinker tree ><
                      but, the splines are all the same.

when in doubt - MA70 Supra
                      BA XR6 - daily
                      1987 MZ21 - Thank you Guilty
                      MZ20 - Sold
                      GZ20 - Sold
                      RJ70 - 22RE - Beach basher.

Comment

Working...
                      X