X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to lean out the 1g

How do u or can u lean out the 1ggte as they run fairly rich
    By clicking the afm 2 clicks ? Ect?
    Finding them sluggish and lacking responsiveness..looking for cheap DIY tweaks :-)

1g-gte's in z20 Soarers especially with automatics will be quite sluggish anyway, there is not much you can do to help that out but making sure the motor is in good condition, Injectors, Ignition etc.

Yes you can use the Airflow meter and adjust it by 2-3 clicks. A better choice is something like an E-Manage or Apexi SAFC2
    - Complete English z20 Wiring Diagrams
    - All Circuits
    - Every Connector
    - Completely in English.

Comment

Manual conversion is your best bet, as well as bigger free flowing exhaust. Once you've done those two, THEN lean it out with 2 clicks on the AFM. Doing it before manual/exhaust IMO is just a waste of time.
      Moo

Comment

Got a 3" cat back exhaust can't afford manual conversion just yet lol just got 1j needs few things tho so just want to play around with the 1g abit :-)

How do u click the afm 2?

Comment

Remove the cover on the top of the AFM, there you will see a wheel where there is a screw you can remove to adjust the wheel, hold the wheel while the screw is being undone, then adjust it. Just make sure you mark where you wheel is in the first place.
          - All Circuits
          - Every Connector
          - Completely in English.

Comment

Is this safe guys? Have though about doing this with my soarer, but I've heard leaning cars out can cause big trouble. (I don't trash mine but if this gives it a bit of extra go I'm all for it)

(88 1ggte, manual, 12psi, 3" turbo back exhaust, stock front mount)
            z20 Stylin'

Comment

how to

ok so took the top of the afm

do i hold the black wheel down while i un screw the screw circled in red?
              which way do i click the wheel left or right? before screwing the screw back in?
              Attached Files

Comment

Pretty sure that is the one. It should be easy to figure out which way the spring tension is, what you want to do is make it more tense.

If you want to do it the safe and proper way, get a device that allows you to modify the Airflow signals across different throttle and rev points, and get it tuned on the dyno something like the Jaycar fuel adjuster or SAFC2
                - All Circuits
                - Every Connector
                - Completely in English.

Comment

Is this what u mean

http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=KC5385

Comment

That's the one.
                    - All Circuits
                    - Every Connector
                    - Completely in English.

Comment

I've used a Apexi S-AFC Dial type to lean out and play around with the fuel curve, Its simple and effective.
                      Very easy to use and has been a great point to start off with.
                      I've got the dip switch settings and the car selector type if anyone is interested as the instructions in the Apexi manual wasn't correct (it didnt work for me with my 1G setup).
                      you can pick these up fairly cheap from yahoo japan and ebay from time to time.
                      ^ z20 Soarer international ?? Yer its nice to be here ^

Comment

If your car is running rich and causing problems then you have to find the cause instead of trying to lean it out by other ways.
                        - All Circuits
                        - Every Connector
                        - Completely in English.

Comment

Afm adjustment

Hi just wondering if there is a way to tell if the afm has been wound back already

Comment

Working...
                          X