Questions!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions!

I'll start this off by saying I have no idea where I should have posted this, if not here.
    So I'm dreadfully sorry if this doesn't belong here.

I've been in love with these cars for almost ten years now, and as I said in my introduction forum I've been dealing with not owning one by owning MK3 Supras.

I've decided I cannot live without, and I talked to my significant other about it and we're going to start planning a vacation to Japan sometime late next year and a by-product of that will be hunting down an Aerocabin Soarer.

So the questions I need to get answered, or figure out on my own, between now and then are:

1. Does anyone have any or know anyone with experience with a shipper who will take a car from somewhere in Japan to somewhere (the closer to Oregon the better, Portland being the ideal city) on the West Coast (USA)

2. How does buying a car from a dealership work over there? I assume I'll end up grabbing one from a dealership, but does the buyer need to have a license of some sort? or do you just sign paperwork and then it's all yours?

3. Does anyone know how I would get the car from A to B in Japan after purchasing it? How does driving work there?

#1 is the most important, I have a couple friends who live in Japan who speak reasonable English who would probably be able to help em figure out 2&3, but the first one is what stresses me out.

Aerocabins as you probably know will be had to find as only 500 were made. I myself import JDM cars to the US but have not been able to find a clean aerocabin. However a company in Virginia imports cars as well and he has imported an aerocabin to the US within the ast 6 to 8 months actually. Go to japaneseclassics.com and email them about your inquiry. Real good people over there! Hope this helps you out.

Comment

Getting a broker to do all that work on both ends is better than your friends "helping" you out. Trust me. US customs is not be messed with. They can and will crush your if you had one small little error on your documentation. Lots of paperwork on both sides of the ocean that have to be taken care of. Again japanese classics can help you with everything.

Comment

Hope you enjoy your Soarer and post some pictures, but if I were you I would advise against getting an Aerocabin, finding certain specific parts may be hard if they fail.
        Maybe you can start off with a Regular soarer, they look so much cooler dont you reckon?

I'd probably get one place to do it all for you, there seems to be so much regulations and rules surrounding it, just ask heaps of questions so to avoid any issues.
        - Complete English z20 Wiring Diagrams
        - All Circuits
        - Every Connector
        - Completely in English.

Comment

I guess you guys are probably right, I think it would be a large enough amount less stress just to buy one from an importer. I'll see what I can figure out, thank you.

Comment

Would be interesting to know how much it costs over there to import a soarer and comply/register, let us know how you go.

A good idea would be to be able to deal with somebody who has people in Japan who can inspect the car in person and give you results etc, pictures of any damage.
            - Complete English z20 Wiring Diagrams
            - All Circuits
            - Every Connector
            - Completely in English.

Comment

Originally posted by Z2TT View Post
              Would be interesting to know how much it costs over there to import a soarer and comply/register, let us know how you go.

A good idea would be to be able to deal with somebody who has people in Japan who can inspect the car in person and give you results etc, pictures of any damage.
              I've been looking into it on a few websites, and the car itself will cost anywhere between 2,000-5,000$ depending on mods the previous owner has done (Not like, buying a race car. Just general mods.)

Aeros are about the same cost as hardtop, but I dunno how bad the fees would be to ship it, get it inspected and all that.

http://www.tradecarview.com/used_car...toyota/soarer/

http://www.carsensor.net/usedcar/bTO/s095/index.html

http://www.carsensor.net/usedcar/bTO/s096/index.html

Comment

Working...
              X