No announcement yet.

Cleaning Those Foggy/Clouded Headlights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick heads up, rubbing some regular polish on the front of your lenses will do the trick.
    However it does wear off, so if you're happy doing it once every two months like me, you can do that.

Comment

did mine, not so good aahah, any one say smoke, oven to good, lucky i did it on a wrecked light, i think ill do it with a heat gun

Comment

you just need patience with the oven and make sure that you check on them regularly like every 1-2 minutes. Takes longer to heat but you wont fuck your light up that way. Heat gun would probably work but I can see a never ending battle developing trying to get one side hot before the other side has cooled.

edit just read looonie has done it with the gun. Sweet I might try that myself next time!
        Last edited by EnFlaMEd; 14-03-2012, 02:41 PM.

Comment

eh, did it with ajax, come up a treat, i only burnt a shit light, its the oven i now gotta clean im pissed about lol

Comment

i tried it in a fan forced oven once but it was quite small so it melted one side where the heat was concentrated, maybe on a large conventional oven it would work better

There's headlight reconditioning kits you can get from supercheap and ebay and they come with a clear film to go over the light afterwards to stop it from happening again might be worth a shot?
            1989 JZZ20 Soarer 1JZGTE, The Project.
            1992 LN106 Hilux 4x4 5L, The Daily

Comment

threw myn in for 10 minutes at 150 fan forced door open a bit and used a mixture of toothpaste and swirl remove 2.0 elbow grease and patience. tooka bout 20 minutes.
              so much better just like new.

Comment

Working...
              X