No announcement yet.

Heater Hose? some kind of water leak...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heater Hose? some kind of water leak...

i have a water leak on the back of the 1G-GTE block when the engine is hot and under pressure... im pretty sure that its a heater hose but i cant see back there.. does anyone have a photo of a 1G-GTE out of the engine bay and possibly a GZ20 firewall without the 1G in it that i can have a gander at to work out what pipe it could be? im pretty sure that i might have to drop the effing crossmember to get to it.. or take the head off. ghey.

If anyone has advice as well feel free to point anything out

oh yeah im very sure that its not the Headgasket as she runs like a charm...
    "I was doing fine, right up until mid corner, where I ran out of talent" - DNF racer.

my heater hose was stuffed its just at the back of the block takeing it off is a bitch but dont need to take the engine out, i replaced it with a pipe from supercheap auto was thicker but roughly the same shape. dont know if that helps but thats what was causeing my 1g to overheat and asoon as the heater hose was replaced it was fine
    Politics make me soooo horny!

Comment

go to a radiator shop and get your radiator pressure tested thatll show the leak in the system, may have to take the thermostat out but thats no biggy..

and yeh the water line runs along the back of the head, shithouse place to put it but its possible to get at it without taking the head off.... easiest way possible would be to hoist it and drop the gearbox mounts and get it underneath id say
      House of Automotive .. 0412583177 .. ABN - 49 305 391 332
      Servicing, Repairs and Modifications to everything from Bunkys to Ferrari's all at the best prices

Originally posted by Axis Monkey
      Boris. She won't show you her boobs.

Comment

Hey guys thatnks for the advice
        ^_^
        Pandaah i know where the leak is i can see and hear the water escaping from around the back of the block i just want to see a pic of the back of a 1G-GTE so i can see where the hose is, what it looks like so i can get a replacement hose and how to get at it...
        "I was doing fine, right up until mid corner, where I ran out of talent" - DNF racer.

Comment

You don't need a picture of the back of a 1g-gte to see the hose.
          PM Sent.
          - Complete English z20 Wiring Diagrams
          - All Circuits
          - Every Connector
          - Completely in English.

Comment

Originally posted by Z2TT View Post
            You don't need a picture of the back of a 1g-gte to see the hose.
            PM Sent.
            Thanks for the advice and help, i'll Have at it this weekend and see if i cant fix it all up nicely

Its soooooo close to being on the road guys, im just waiting on the Dash that i got from you Z2TT and then its done! on a side note, I was looking in the shed today and i realised im just one custom dump pipe and a trust single Manifold from chucking a Garrett T3 on the 1G.... smiles all round ^_^

got all the other bits, FMIC, piping. fuel system etc from previous project cars

Comment

so i finally got around to doing this yesterday and it was a nightmare... hose from hell times 18654. took the rocker cover off to do it...

if anyone needs instructions on how to do this then PM me as there are a few techniques that i figured out after the fact that make it a lot easier to complete haha

Comment

hey mate im in need of your help to do the heater hose, im having the same problem.. leaking at the back of the motor, so if you could pm me back with pictures or just info would be greatly appreciated !!

Kyle.

Comment

There is a Bulkhead there that bolts to the head, it may be leaking from there. Check that the bolts holding it on are tight, especially the one supporting the Auto Trans kickdown cable. If yours has ever been converted to manual somebody may have loosened this.

Other than that you may have to remove the motor to fix it.
                  - All Circuits
                  - Every Connector
                  - Completely in English.

Comment

Originally posted by Z2TT View Post
                    There is a Bulkhead there that bolts to the head, it may be leaking from there. Check that the bolts holding it on are tight, especially the one supporting the Auto Trans kickdown cable. If yours has ever been converted to manual somebody may have loosened this.

Other than that you may have to remove the motor to fix it.
                    but mines just leaking coolant thats all...i really dont feel like taking the motor out thats for sure ! and i reckon its just leaking from the heater hose connecting to the motor

Comment

Make a new hose, there probly swollen, there 2 rubber hoses behind the head, gearbox has to be removed I've done them before, you'd be an absolute ninja to get them with the gearbox in
                      House of Automotive .. 0412583177 .. ABN - 49 305 391 332
                      Servicing, Repairs and Modifications to everything from Bunkys to Ferrari's all at the best prices

Originally posted by Axis Monkey
                      Boris. She won't show you her boobs.

Comment

Get a pressure tester first so you can see where its leaking from exactly.
                        - All Circuits
                        - Every Connector
                        - Completely in English.

Comment

Originally posted by pandaah View Post
                          Make a new hose, there probly swollen, there 2 rubber hoses behind the head, gearbox has to be removed I've done them before, you'd be an absolute ninja to get them with the gearbox in
                          ahhhh bummer ! im disliking the idea of a funked heater hose :/

and Z2TT i wouldnt have a clue how to use a pressure tester plus where to put it as im only 19. and still learning on how to fix things

Comment

i blew the short fat one at the archie, must have epic ninja skills as i found a house from a diesel fitter and swapped them from the top, was single turb's tho.
                            http://garageslipway.wordpress.com/sigpic

Comment

i had a hole in my heater hose where the clamp was one so bought new clamps put them on and cut off the shit part of the hose and reattatched until i can go supercheap/autobahn/repco to look for a similar hose. get some more coolant and HOPEFULLY just HOPEFULLY it works out !!

Comment

Working...
                              X