Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1ggte wont rev?

Hi guys,

A few nights ago I came home and thought my clutch had died. The release bearing is whining, and i thought the clutch was slipping badly.

I left the car for a few days until i started it again yesterday. It was knocking pretty badly until it warmed up, so today i dropped the oil and replace it and the filter.

Now when i drive, the clutch doesnt seem to slip, but the car wont rev under load. I heard the turbos spooling, so at first i thought it was reving. But it just spools and struggles to rev. When it does, its really rough and seems to misfire alot.

It seems to free rev fine, as in when its not under load.

Any suggestions?

overfilled her with oil?

JZZ20 1988 Soarer GT Twin Turbo
    1JZ-GTE + R154 + Garrett T04S/External Gate + 550cc + Bosch 040 + KoyoRad + Custom Plenum + 90mm TB + Kaaz 1.5Way + Cusco Comp-S + Cusco Strut Brace + Nightpager 4 Pot Conversion + HID's [GZ 20 WA]
    | Black Knight
    JZX90 1993 Mark II Tourer V Sugoi Ne~! | 270rwhp of Green Apple Splatters!
    GDB 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX Stock and in MINT Unmolested Condition.
    B7 2005 Audi A4 TFSI Quattro Turbo Keepin My Pimp Hand Strong.

Comment

how much oil should i be putting in?

It seems to run better once i changed the oil, im thinking maybe spark plugs or something like that?

Comment

afm??? is the plug stil in?
        Z20 SOARER WHORE (totalling 21 z20s so far)
        PREVIOUS RIDES - 5 GZ20 soarers, 4 MZ20 soarer, 2 MZ20 aerocabins soarers, 9 MZ21 soarers, 530hp 2jz MZ20 Soarer
        CURRENT - drift soarer with carbon fibre bonnet and boot and 8point cage, factory manual mz21 and aerocabin

Comment

If the AFM plug is not in the engine wont even start.

Check Timing, Distributor and Spark Plugs, also check for Vacuum leaks.

Could be a problem with the fuel pump also.
          Last edited by Z2TT; 10-07-2008, 11:21 PM.
          - Complete English z20 Wiring Diagrams
          - All Circuits
          - Every Connector
          - Completely in English.

Comment

the the afm aint connected properly yes it wil stil start it wil just idle crap and stall
            Z20 SOARER WHORE (totalling 21 z20s so far)
            PREVIOUS RIDES - 5 GZ20 soarers, 4 MZ20 soarer, 2 MZ20 aerocabins soarers, 9 MZ21 soarers, 530hp 2jz MZ20 Soarer
            CURRENT - drift soarer with carbon fibre bonnet and boot and 8point cage, factory manual mz21 and aerocabin

Comment

thanks for the ideas.

I just put brand new leads in, and it seems a bit better. Still splutters a bit under full load. Im gonna change the plugs tomorrow and see what that does.

Does anyone know where to get a new dizzy cap and rotor from? If not, what are my options for replacing them?

Comment

sounds like what happened with mine. mine turned out to be loose MAP sensor vacuum line.
                stock auto white gz20 daily, SOLD

brown gz20 with 1jz and r154, JIC coils, safc 2, locker, straight pipes and garrett gt3540 with external wastegate

Comment

I think i may have found the problem.
                  Today I decided to start taking it apart, and i found that the throttle body had cracked, so that would explain the knocking sound and crap performance i guess.
                  A whole chunk of it broke off around one of the bolts, no idea how that would have happened..

Comment

Working...
                  X