more problems...!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more problems...!

so i started my 1j single conversion on my brown car coz i knew my white 1g was a reliable daily. but it aint that reliable!

it first started happening when i went to sunny coast, started pissing out white smoke on idle and acceleration, turbos spooled fine and didnt overheat, drove it an hour and a half home, still smokey but not when cruising along on highway. now, i sat it at home for 3 weeks to try and fix, turned out my dad put too much oil in it (car was on a hill) and was registering almost double over on the dipstick. the car wouldnt idle (stayed on good for bout 20 second and would slowly die, and the car wouldnt rev and turbos wouldnt spool (couldnt even get on highway). car wouldnt even drop a gear it just gurgled and died/ my first assumption was that it was just burning the oil and flooding the engine so i did a fresh oil change. It is still doing it, ive checked all the vacuum lines around the throttle and AFM, to me it just seems like AFM but havent confirmed, you guys had it happen to you at all?
    stock auto white gz20 daily, SOLD

brown gz20 with 1jz and r154, JIC coils, safc 2, locker, straight pipes and garrett gt3540 with external wastegate

if it was burning oil from overfill the smoke would be black not white...

JZZ20 1988 Soarer GT Twin Turbo
    1JZ-GTE + R154 + Garrett T04S/External Gate + 550cc + Bosch 040 + KoyoRad + Custom Plenum + 90mm TB + Kaaz 1.5Way + Cusco Comp-S + Cusco Strut Brace + Nightpager 4 Pot Conversion + HID's [GZ 20 WA]
    | Black Knight
    JZX90 1993 Mark II Tourer V Sugoi Ne~! | 270rwhp of Green Apple Splatters!
    GDB 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX Stock and in MINT Unmolested Condition.
    B7 2005 Audi A4 TFSI Quattro Turbo Keepin My Pimp Hand Strong.

Comment

Sounds like bhg, i hope for your sake its not. very expensive exercise
      1989 JZZ20 Soarer 1JZGTE, The Project.
      1992 LN106 Hilux 4x4 5L, The Daily

Comment

Originally posted by hamgatan View Post
        if it was burning oil from overfill the smoke would be black not white...
        incorect. oil will always burn bluey colour. if im correct im thinking the car may be seizing from either issue with rings or blown head gasket or worse. posible cracked water gallery etc

from what you are saying the car would blow smoke on idle etc seems that it could be that the cylinder is filling with oil

altho it also maybe that something a little easier to fix and could be something along the lines of the head.....

valve stem seals etc

need more info

Comment

ok i eliminated the major problem, i cleaned out the AFM and throttle body, so much shit in there, so car idles fine and revs out good again, i knew it couldnt have been that serious, not overheating or using fluid. however, still blowing quite a bit of smoke, im thinking valve stems...
          stock auto white gz20 daily, SOLD

brown gz20 with 1jz and r154, JIC coils, safc 2, locker, straight pipes and garrett gt3540 with external wastegate

Comment

Working...
          X