1ggte Head gasket replacement cost???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1ggte Head gasket replacement cost???

Hey guys not sure if this is the right area to ask this but I'm just wondering if anyone here has had their head gasket replaced on a 1ggte if so what did it cost for labour and the gasket kit? This is my first 1ggte so not sure how much work it is I previously had 1js and never had this issue :/

So just want to get a rough guide on cost so I know what others have paid so I can compare it to what I get quoted.

Cheers
    1986 GZ20 Soarer, 1JZ R153 JDM as FARK
    1989 GZ20 Soarer, 19's & stock - SOLD
    1987 MZ20 Soarer, 1JZ R154, 233rwkw @10psi - SOLD
    1998 MY98 WRX, sleeper 264awkw @ 20psi - SOLD

I think you can only get a full vrs kit, its about 500
    Farewell the 1ggteu. Engine bay empty?

Comment

88Z20 was talking about some yesterday from the uk for around the 150 dollar mark.
      You will have to ask him for any further info tho...

Comment

OEM head gaskets are about 150-200 bucks.

You'll need to spend a fair bit of time getting the head off though. It's very similar to a 1JZ.

You need to remove the turbos (6 hour job), remove the intake side (2-3 hours), remove the timing belt, coil packs, spark plugs, cam covers, and cams (make sure u do it in the right bolt order and lay the pieces out in the correct order/position because they have to go back exactly the same way).

Then once you remove the head bolts (I'm pretty sure they're 1/2 torx bits like the 1JZ/2JZ), you'll need to take the head to a head reconditioner. That will cost about 150 to dip, skim and clean up. Do not remove the buckets/valves. The head place can do it for u.

You'll need new head bolts incidentally. You can go OEM which im not sure how much it is, but on a 1JZ it's about 30 per bolt, and u need 12! Check if ARP make a kit for the 1G first.. I think they do and it's about 200 (well that's how much the 1JZ ones are)

EDIT: I forgot 1G's are dizzy fed, ignore the coil packs bit

JZZ20 1988 Soarer GT Twin Turbo
        1JZ-GTE + R154 + Garrett T04S/External Gate + 550cc + Bosch 040 + KoyoRad + Custom Plenum + 90mm TB + Kaaz 1.5Way + Cusco Comp-S + Cusco Strut Brace + Nightpager 4 Pot Conversion + HID's [GZ 20 WA]
        | Black Knight
        JZX90 1993 Mark II Tourer V Sugoi Ne~! | 270rwhp of Green Apple Splatters!
        GDB 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX Stock and in MINT Unmolested Condition.
        B7 2005 Audi A4 TFSI Quattro Turbo Keepin My Pimp Hand Strong.

Comment

You can get vrs sets for 1gfe from uk for around $120 plus postage. Head gasket is half the thickness so either use 2 or enjoy more responsiveness (just dont run rediculous boost)

search ebay
          Last edited by 88Z20; 28-12-2011, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Head studs are the same as 1j/2j so go arp

Comment

I removed the head with turbos and intake plenum still attached, then removed them when I had the head on the ground. It was so much easier.

Comment

=o http://www.thehappymotorist.co.uk/ga...2027&pid=15184

MLS(multi-layer steel head gasket)

i'm going to ask althogh it seems silly, how strong ?? compared with standard gaskets ?
                ^ z20 Soarer international ?? Yer its nice to be here ^

Comment

1ggte high performans copper high boost

Theres a person on ebay selling 1ggte high boost copper gaskets I just received mine and they fit perfect I cant wait to do the oring and get it installed. The guy has 100% feedback I will recommend him.

Comment

Looking at about $2000 for a Head Gasket Replacement Including parts and labour, also best to find a workshop that has worked on Toyota 6 Cylinder turbos before.
                    - Complete English z20 Wiring Diagrams
                    - All Circuits
                    - Every Connector
                    - Completely in English.

Comment

Working...
                    X