Moo

Comment

Originally posted by Looonie View Post
      Spares are good... as you may have noticed
      Hahaha....yeah, but it's cheaper if you can use someone else's spare's
      1989 GZ20 Soarer. 1JZ and R154.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenie View Post
        2.5" into 3", I also ported the internal waste gates to control over boosting and it works a treat. Holds 10 pounds perfectly
        yeah i know what you mean about over boost, when i put a dump on my falcon would hold 5psi till 3500rpm then go off the clock past 20psi...you reckon 2.5inch is the biggest that will fit? how about 3inch off each turbo? i seen one setup that was seperate wastegates but prob would be a bit of work seperating the gates...im keen to make some up so i can up the boost safely

Comment

i had a quick scuffle though the posts, are you in need of a 7m-gte digi dash to test or something along those lines? mine is just sitting in a box waiting for my 1j to go in so it can all be wired up, but im just lazy :P
          let me know if you need to borrow one
          Cheers
          Ken
          My One off, High expectation, z20 doridriftmobile.. Yeahhhhh buddy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by turbo_guy View Post
            yeah i know what you mean about over boost, when i put a dump on my falcon would hold 5psi till 3500rpm then go off the clock past 20psi...you reckon 2.5inch is the biggest that will fit? how about 3inch off each turbo? i seen one setup that was seperate wastegates but prob would be a bit of work seperating the gates...im keen to make some up so i can up the boost safely
            I don't think there would be room for 3", the flanges are not wide enough to fit a 3" pipe on them. You would have to taper them at the flanges and it just doesn't seem worth the effort to me. 2.5" seem's fine, or though I've only driven it 15km so far and that was without the tacho so I have no idea if the boost will creep up at higher RPM's.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt Orange View Post
              i had a quick scuffle though the posts, are you in need of a 7m-gte digi dash to test or something along those lines? mine is just sitting in a box waiting for my 1j to go in so it can all be wired up, but im just lazy :P
              let me know if you need to borrow one
              Cheers
              Ken
              Thank's for the offer Ken. I have a few things I want to try first, I'll let you know.

Comment

I have Tacho!!!!

I made up one of the tacho booster's that I posted a link to earlier and it works.
                To my understanding it doesn't really boost the signal, what it does is mimic the old signal from a coil. The old coil produces a voltage spike which is converted in the dash to a 5 volt square wave signal for the tacho.
                Now the 1JZ igniter produces a 5 volt square wave that could be used by the tacho directly, but that would mean pulling the display apart to bypass the the signal filter.........Fuck that!!

So for the princely sum of $1.05 in components, I made the booster and seeing as how it works perfectly it stay's.

Hopefully this info will help someone else when converting a non-turbo 1G soarer to 1JZ.

Comment

Stoked man!

will be referencing this in the future
                  cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by z20hustlin View Post
                    will be referencing this in the future
                    cheers!
                    so 2 years later the time has come!!
                    and im stuck ahah
                    sent you a pm Greenie