aircon compressor underneath dash

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aircon compressor underneath dash

hi guys i decided to strip everything behind my dash and clean all the wiring up, i m running a 1jz btw.. i took the compressor out and found there was a line that connected to the turbos ran through the aircon n back out the fire wall into another thingo.. with that taken out can i just re connect the lines together?

in theory it should work just wanted others opinions to

cheers coop

I don't think there is anything from the Aircon system that connects to the turbos...

Can you describe it differently? The A/C Compressor is in the engine bay near the swaybar not under the dash.

Just at a Guess, you might be talking about the EPR Valve, bolted to the side of the strut tower. It has a small copper tube that goes into the firewall and to the Expansion valve.

This needs to be connected otherwise you will get a leak from your EPR Valve and the Expansion valve. Other than that you can Use a Suction hose that does not run a EPR Valve such as MA70 Supra suction hose that will most likely hit the oil filter on a 1jz-gte... JZA70 Suction line is the only one that fits without a problem and for that you need a JZA70 top plate for the A/C Compressor.

The easiest thing is to use your Suction line, and modify the end that goes to the EPR Valve, so it can connect directly to your Evaporator Suction side, a hose or Auto A/C Place should be able to do this for you.

Remove the factory Externally equalized Expansion valve and change it to a 1 Tonne Internally Equalizing type.
    - Complete English z20 Wiring Diagrams
    - All Circuits
    - Every Connector
    - Completely in English.

Comment

from memory there also is a drain line from the internal ac stuff that should be on the passenger side tho, maybe there was 2.
      http://garageslipway.wordpress.com/sigpic

Comment

I think he's planning on just ripping everything out and not putting it back in. Would he still need to deal with the EPR crap? I completely ripped all of mine out. Behind my dash now are just wires for the dash, ignition barrell and stalks.

Z2TT- Is there usually a line that goes from near the turbos to the heater core behind the dash then back out again? I thought that's what it could be.
        Soarer Motorkhana
        Soarer Drift
        Soarer Hillclimb
        Promo Video

Comment

If you don't need Air Con then take everything out and don't use it.

Pictures might help though
          - All Circuits
          - Every Connector
          - Completely in English.

Comment

pictures

theres pictures of the turbo side and the plenum side kinda thing..

also when i took the aircon stuff out n disconected the hose from turbos coolant came out.
            Attached Files

Comment

Those are are Heater Hoses. Coolant runs through them. You need to join them to bypass the heater core otherwise you will have a leak if you remove the heater core. If the heater core is not leaking, just slide them back on to the pipes for the heater core.
              - All Circuits
              - Every Connector
              - Completely in English.

Comment

oh thats the heater hose's bro, i also took the heater tap out and just looped the lines.

it doesnt go to the turbo's it goes to the back of the head,.

will be fun in the car, i did mine when i had the motor out. i would suguest adding a 12v hair drier or somthing if you ever think you will drive in the rain for defog.

Comment

Originally posted by slipway View Post
                  oh thats the heater hose's bro, i also took the heater tap out and just looped the lines.

it doesnt go to the turbo's it goes to the back of the head,.

will be fun in the car, i did mine when i had the motor out. i would suguest adding a 12v hair drier or somthing if you ever think you will drive in the rain for defog.
                  so i should connect them lines together slip?

Comment

yea man, take the tap out too, i cant remember exactly where the hose's are but theres one each side i think. maybe dean can chime in he probly did it more recently.

Comment

Mine's a bit different because its a single turbo. I had my coolant lines blocked off under the turbo near the back of the block. Now that I'm running an NA 2J block there are no standard turbo coolant lines. You should be able to just connect the two ends together.
                      Soarer Motorkhana
                      Soarer Drift
                      Soarer Hillclimb
                      Promo Video

Comment

well ill redirect them and connect them n go from there cheers guys

ps (cant wait to rip skid with ya dean)

Comment

Soon mate. Are you doing G1, 3rd Feb?
                          Soarer Motorkhana
                          Soarer Drift
                          Soarer Hillclimb
                          Promo Video

Comment

Originally posted by RxDrift View Post
                            Soon mate. Are you doing G1, 3rd Feb?
                            im not to sure yet, my car needs a tune plus with the hot weather i dno, im to to sure if it will be any good for the car really.

Comment

Working...
                            X