No announcement yet.

1g no boost

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thank you i will try that next, are you talking on the feed side or return side? possibly both? why not hey.
    if i was gonna change my fuel pump what are options for that? ive heard of jzz31 pumps and walboro 341. opinion?

Comment

walbro 255 will be more than enough, you can get em off egay for $100
      1989 JZZ20 Soarer 1JZGTE, The Project.
      1992 LN106 Hilux 4x4 5L, The Daily

Comment

so with thanks to vash i have now:
        changed AFM. no change
        tried another ECU. no change
        unplugged F-con. no change

for now the only things i can think are to double check for intake leakages with aerostart. take off intake pipes for turbos, check them out. and replace fuel regs.

what else?

Comment

Intercooler pipes? Condition/leaks. Intercooler core.

If you do take off the intake pipes, start and rev the car to see if the compressor wheels spin (just don't let any debris get in there).
          Soarer Motorkhana
          Soarer Drift
          Soarer Hillclimb
          Promo Video

Comment

Admittedly I'm too lazy to read all of your original post/the replies...

But if I'm not feeling boost, the first thing I would be doing is removing all the intake piping and having a look at the turbo wheels, check for play/seizing...

Or if you're lazy, put boost gauge on turbo outlet junction pipe to check for positive pressure exiting turbos, if it exists, THEN worry about leaks/piping etc.

The turbos are a purely mechanical operation, exhaust gases go through them, they spin, produce boost. If you're not getting positive air pressure at the junction piping on drivers side of the engine bay, then the turbos have mechanically malfunctioned... be that broken wheels/shafts, seized in housing or something else. I don't understand why you're testing AFMs and fuel pressure regs etc.

*goes back to being lazy*
            Moo

Comment

process of elimination lol, the turbos were making fuck all noise so it seems that would be the case. Maybe we were just hoping it was something else because we all love changing 1g turbo's over :P
              1989 JZZ20 Soarer 1JZGTE, The Project.
              1992 LN106 Hilux 4x4 5L, The Daily

Comment

Agree with Loonie .

Sounds like turbos gone .

Comment

Everyone loves failed stock turbos... its an excuse to go single
                  Moo

Comment

so after a very bloody painful bunch of afternoons i put some gen 3 turbos on.
                    the cause was the front turbo seizing

Comment

Working...
                    X