Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idle contol off throttle linkage

http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/...psd8d14cee.jpg

im trying to find out where this should go cause the car wont idle but this isn't hooked up to anything just that plastic filter thing to atmosphere, anyone got a pic off their car to show me, thanks.

yea thats not the idle control. the idle control valve is attached to the intake plenum has two water lines going into the bottom of it and a hose running across the cam covers to the turbo piping. has a large plug going into it.

im guessin thats a 1ggte?
    1989 JZZ20 Soarer 1JZGTE, The Project.
    1992 LN106 Hilux 4x4 5L, The Daily

Comment

best option would be find a close up picture of a engine bay on google images and see if you can spot where it goes.

sounds like your problem is afm related.
      Last edited by VasH; 29-06-2013, 08:22 AM.

Comment

yeah I have looked for about 2hrs on google trying to find it that's why I thought if someone had the same engine they could see where it all plumbs into, it is on the back of the engine left hand side where the accelerator cables run to.

Comment

Its a one way valve that takes vacuum feed from the plenum and passes it to the TVIS actuator valve on the lower intake runners for them to open at high RPM.

Dirty dirty old 1G-GTE's
          Moo

Comment

any pics of it looonie cause this thing isn't hooked up I know that much but soon as it stops bloody raining ill get a good look at it and see where it is going, google has shown few manifold pics but not exactly clear pics, thanks.

Comment

the car will still run and idle without the tvis hooked up......... like i said before it sounds like it could be your afm if its not idling at all...

Comment

the car has fixed itself, just wondering with the battery dying completely it reset the ecu or something cause soon as I jump started it she didn't miss a beat.

Comment

Check Fuel Pump is staying on at Idle.
                  - Complete English z20 Wiring Diagrams
                  - All Circuits
                  - Every Connector
                  - Completely in English.

Comment

Working...
                  X