Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedo Incorrect

Hope you can help me out here.

I have just done a manual conversion from my factory 7mgte auto box to a w58 manual box, the speed is out by roughly 20km, When i'm doing 100kmph my speedo reads 80kmph. If this matters i have a factory LSD Diff. Im not sure how to fix it, but i think there is a gear inside the gearbox which reads speed, and i think you can get them in different sizes, if anyone has a factory manual gz20 that knows the gearsize that works correctly that would be very helpful or where to get one that would be awesome. I also know about this ( http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=KC5435 ) , but i would like to know what other people have done with there conversions.

Thanks

Edit: its not always 20km, when im going 60kmph speedo reads 50kmph. Rough figures. Just again want to know what people have done with there conversions.
    Last edited by Venom; 13-08-2013, 06:52 PM.

speed sensor from the auto box into the manual one and the correct diff ratio is what you need. auto diff is usually 3.7 for 7m powered soarers. soarers with w58s had a 4.3 ratio diff.
    1989 JZZ20 Soarer 1JZGTE, The Project.
    1992 LN106 Hilux 4x4 5L, The Daily

Comment

Thanks VasH, where did you get your diff gears from? Do you have a link? Or recommendations?

Comment

Just a matter of waiting till one pops up for sale somewhere. ive seen a few 4.3s from ga70s pop on on toymods over the years maybe start there?
        1989 JZZ20 Soarer 1JZGTE, The Project.
        1992 LN106 Hilux 4x4 5L, The Daily

Comment

you can go through toyo diy and find the right speed sensor gears to match up to the diff if you dont want to change ratio
          http://garageslipway.wordpress.com/sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X