Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1G Auto to Man parts

Hey guys,

I wanna start doing swap soon, just need bit more cash then im right. Just before hand though, just wanna know the bits to look for, i know a few of the parts i can buy new. 1 thing i am unsure of is, with hte W57 or W58, what model toyota should i source one from so that it will fit upto the 1GGTE ?
    Am i looking for celicas like RA6x or SA6x that have the w57 or ma61 with the w58. Which i assume is the same w58 that is in the MA70 ? I assume the JZA80 NA w58 is a no go
    People just normally say W57 or W58, but do they have all the same bellhousing for all of these models or does only a certain model have the matching bellhousing ?

Cheers guys

1g bell housing can be swaped to any wbox my soarer has a w55. you need the rear position shifter. ive got some bits sitting here when you start looking.
    http://garageslipway.wordpress.com/sigpic

Comment

Mine is a w58 with a 1g bellhousing, shifts nice and smooth, just my 2nd gear synchro is abit poo, only on the down shift but a double clutch heal toe fixes that.
      Farewell the 1ggteu. Engine bay empty?

Comment

i got a w58 with 1g bell housing factory outta a soarer, was going to use it in mine till i blew the motor. tiz 4 sale.

Comment

You can use any W series box with the 1G bellhousing as said.

Means you can get a nice and new jza80 w58.
          1986 JZZ20

Comment

does it have to be a G series bellhousing ? or can u use something like an M series housing also ?

If you guys have got parts i might as well just buy few parts of ya's!

Cheers guys

Comment

has to be a g series bell,maybe a t but g is much easier to find.

the jza80 w58 has the remote shifter setup so it wont mach up to the whole in the floor could possibly swap it but not sure.

ma61 clutch slave works,you can buy new ma70 clutch master's for $120.

ive got a flywheel,bell, brand new button clutch and some pedals i think too
              http://garageslipway.wordpress.com/sigpic

Comment

yeah places like bursons and car parts shops still sell MA61 and MA70 slave and master cylinders, plus clutch obviously get an exedy an or something like that. Flywheel could source new, pedals not sure, tail-shaft most likely get second hand

What gearbox does a GA70 turbo or non turbo in the 5 spd have are they both W58 ?
                Is that the only place u can get a G series bellhousing from a man GZ20 or GA70 ?

Comment

I'd believe you could also get it from a Mark II or Celica as some of them came with Manual 1g's.
                  - Complete English z20 Wiring Diagrams
                  - All Circuits
                  - Every Connector
                  - Completely in English.

Comment

ahh i see, oh well seems like a few of you guys might have parts, so should be able to find something somewhere

Comment

Working...
                    X