Hi All

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi All

Hi, I iust bought a Z20 so I'm sure you will see me around asking a lot of questions like why does my drivers window jamb or why does the speedo numbers fade but the rest of the dash stays fully illuminated.

P.S. Feel free to answer those questions lol.

May be a faulty dash if only the speedo numbers are faded and the tach for example is bright. There is a dash adjuster wheel on the right try play around with that.
    - Complete English z20 Wiring Diagrams
    - All Circuits
    - Every Connector
    - Completely in English.

Comment

Turbo charge it!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and BTW - To fix the dash lights fading, apparently you just replace the main relay...
      Moo

Comment

Welcome mate

Cheers
        Dan

Comment

And where would this relay be located?

Comment

I dunno, you replaced it already?
            Moo

Comment

Not yet, it has only done it once since I bought it so it's not high on the to do list. Needs a head gasket first.

Comment

Head gasket?

Ok, ignore everything I've said, I though you were the new owner of Tom's one
                Moo

Comment

Yeah need a head gasket. I am going to do a 1JZ swap but not straight away. Means that I need to get the 1G running right in the mean time. On a side note, I am very impressed with the fuel economy of the 1G.

Comment

The digital Dash is interesting, mine does it ive invested a lot into it, and what makes it frustating is it can be perfect on mine for weeks, then suddenly drop in and out a bit and then go back to good. Some say its an earth issue, others a relay, the guy who did some work on my dash said it could also actually be a fault in the dimmer mechanism itself. either way I plan to eventually crack it and let everyone know haha. Others get away with it by simply swapping whole dash units, i have also tried this lol.
                    How a Turbo works- Air gets sucked in, Witchcraft happens then you go faster!

Comment

If only certain elements play up I wouldn't say it would be the dimmer, however if the entire display plays up it may be a dimmer circuit as a possibility perhaps.
                      - Complete English z20 Wiring Diagrams
                      - All Circuits
                      - Every Connector
                      - Completely in English.

Comment

Mine has been a really fun experiment. Ive spent a lot getting parts of the dash fixed and resoldered. Worked great for some months. Then the flicker came back, its ususally just the speedo and tacho and the fuel and temp stay solid.

THe reason I believe the dimmer comes into effect also is because when its playing up I can wind the dimmer down to Dark all the way and then the whole lot blacks out on occasions with NOTHING visable at all. I think its a combo of stuff. but 90% of the time it works perfect. its just one of those little frustrating things that bothers me cause i know its not exactly right haha.
                        How a Turbo works- Air gets sucked in, Witchcraft happens then you go faster!

Comment

Some of my lcd's are dimmer than the rest. Half of the 7-8 bar on my taco is a tad dimmer, it gradually gets brighter towards the 7 and downward. It seems to be an area based thing, except for the speedo which has it's own shit.
                          86 mica red GZ20 manual

Comment

Working...
                          X