Hi all, Picked up my z20 yesterday.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all, Picked up my z20 yesterday.

Apologies for no photos yet as the camera on my phone is broken.
    It's a 1988 GT limited.

I'll have a million questions as i'm new to z20's

Anyway i'm thinking about changing the whole dash as it's very sun damaged and it's the dash which is velour

if anybody has a great dash and matching colour parts they want to sell hit me up.

cheers
    Mike

Goodluck and welcome. I too hAve a gt limited with a few extra mods
    How a Turbo works- Air gets sucked in, Witchcraft happens then you go faster!

Comment

Originally posted by andy_z20 View Post
      Goodluck and welcome. I too hAve a gt limited with a few extra mods
      Thanks for the welcome Andy. Is yours a sunroof model. It looks like mine may have come off the runners as the motor works fine but does not open. Any pointers?

cheers

Comment

Yea mine is sunroof, full body kit, Fog light bar etc and i have a 1J in mine.
        not sure about how to fix that mate, mine was already working great and still is. Maybe take it to a professional to inspect
        How a Turbo works- Air gets sucked in, Witchcraft happens then you go faster!

Comment

Originally posted by soarermike View Post
          Thanks for the welcome Andy. Is yours a sunroof model. It looks like mine may have come off the runners as the motor works fine but does not open. Any pointers?

cheers
          Could be the cable is broke that retracts the roof

Comment

Welcome to the Z20 community Mike!

Comment

Fuck yeah LIMITED !

Welcome and Enjoy, the z20 community on here at least is quite small compared to the early days. Keen to see some pictures and what are your plans for it? Fix up the issues and daily drive it?

The best thing is to swap the dash out for the light brown colour interior, best advice for this is do not rush things and label everything including pictures, it really does help when you have everything apart.

You can then get the door outer skins re-trimmed in a similar brown to match, that way you can keep your Leather inserts for the Nice look.

Ask away with the questions there are a few of us who have "been there done that".
              - Complete English z20 Wiring Diagrams
              - All Circuits
              - Every Connector
              - Completely in English.

Comment

Working...
              X