X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Update - Critical Maintenance

Hi Guys,

I need to shut the forum down tonight to allow for a period of critical maintenance to be performed.

I will be upgrading the version of the forum software we're using.

This is in direct response to improved security measures to counter the spam bot signups we have been getting.

The thing is, I've NEVER upgraded the software so there is a good chance I MAY fuck it up. If that is the case I'll restore the old version and then test the migration on a staging server prior to retrying.

So cross your fingers, hopefully we'll be on a new Version tonight.

You will notice a few changes, one of which will be the initial layout. If this pisses everyone off then let me know and i'll tinker with it.

Chris

JZZ20 1988 Soarer GT Twin Turbo
    1JZ-GTE + R154 + Garrett T04S/External Gate + 550cc + Bosch 040 + KoyoRad + Custom Plenum + 90mm TB + Kaaz 1.5Way + Cusco Comp-S + Cusco Strut Brace + Nightpager 4 Pot Conversion + HID's [GZ 20 WA]
    | Black Knight
    JZX90 1993 Mark II Tourer V Sugoi Ne~! | 270rwhp of Green Apple Splatters!
    GDB 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX Stock and in MINT Unmolested Condition.
    B7 2005 Audi A4 TFSI Quattro Turbo Keepin My Pimp Hand Strong.

UPDATE - First Update Failed and Loading Backup Failed Also. Stupid FTP Client was CHMOD'ding everything to 777 instead of 755 which the Web Server disallows.

Will Try Again Shortly.

Comment

OK Update Appears to be Successful. Please Let Me know if theres any bugs/problems over the next Week or So.

We're now running version 3.8.2 of vBulletin as opposed to the 3.6.4 we were running before. Hopefully this will fix many of the spam bot signups.

1JZ-GTE + R154 + Garrett T04S/External Gate + 550cc + Bosch 040 + KoyoRad + Custom Plenum + 90mm TB + Kaaz 1.5Way + Cusco Comp-S + Cusco Strut Brace + Nightpager 4 Pot Conversion + HID's [GZ 20 WA]
      | Black Knight

Comment

dunno if it was bots or not, but there were a whole bunch more pill bots spamming there stuff!

Comment

maybe it waz just a bunch of random people who thought they were in a different forum lol oddly enough the only place I didn't see them post was the for sale section :P

Comment

im havin a couple little problems
            is it just me
            i cant go into peoples profiles
            comes up with this screen and also the pix up the top aint loading
            Z20 SOARER WHORE (totalling 21 z20s so far)
            PREVIOUS RIDES - 5 GZ20 soarers, 4 MZ20 soarer, 2 MZ20 aerocabins soarers, 9 MZ21 soarers, 530hp 2jz MZ20 Soarer
            CURRENT - drift soarer with carbon fibre bonnet and boot and 8point cage, factory manual mz21 and aerocabin

Comment

Yeah top level images aren't loading and i think templates are fucked as well.. I'll need to reload templates.

There was a massive flood of bot activity today, even worse than normal. I changed the authentication method to a newer experimental type, but its turned out to be epic fail. I have reverted it but will need to work out how to fine tune it.

I'll reload the base templates tomorrow.

also i have noticed that sign out / log out isn't working either.. its not flushing cookies on exit. might be another chmod problem.

Comment

OK login and logout should work correctly now.

However TLI's are still down and some templates are a bit iffy still. Plus the authentication manager is not stopping the bots. Will need to look at it this afternoon.

| Black Knight

Comment

Just give me full admin access so I can go on a mad rampaging membership deletion spree

*laughs evilly*
                  Moo

Comment

New Authentication Manager is in place and operational. Just tested signup process and it appears to all be good. Will leave signup on moderation queue for 48 hours to test impregnability against bots. So far, looking good though.

Now to repair site graphics and TLI's. Have also loaded old forums into a staging environment for historic purposes as well.

On a really positive note, the forums seem HEAPS quicker. And from what I can see the dodgy code that was surrounding the intermittent Quick Reply problems seems to have rectified itself.

P.S I love the kiwi sense of humour

| Black Knight

Comment

OK I've just worked out that the whole header imaging thing is stored not in the PHP Code, but it resides in MySQL. Well fuck that for a laugh.. Time to redesign.

Comment

So far so good. 3 Days now and Only one questionable signup which I've allowed. But We'll see how that goes.. Everything else looks legit!

Comment

Originally posted by God View Post
                          So far so good. 3 Days now and Only one questionable signup which I've allowed.
                          hmm would that happen to be this user?
                          http://www.z20soarer.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1175

lolz
                          トヨタ MZ20 Soarer ~ 7M-GTE ~ T-70 ~ 280rwhp BACK IN ACTION
                          Members Ride Thread

Comment

yes it was...

purged however.

one though compared with the 40 a day we were getting though is not bad

| Black Knight

Comment

Title headers all repaired now. Will be giving the site a slight facelift in the next day or two regardless.

Comment

Working...
                              X