No announcement yet.

User Signup Policy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mods don't have the permission level to add/delete users.. But I'll be making a custom user group soon to address it

JZZ20 1988 Soarer GT Twin Turbo
    1JZ-GTE + R154 + Garrett T04S/External Gate + 550cc + Bosch 040 + KoyoRad + Custom Plenum + 90mm TB + Kaaz 1.5Way + Cusco Comp-S + Cusco Strut Brace + Nightpager 4 Pot Conversion + HID's [GZ 20 WA]
    | Black Knight
    JZX90 1993 Mark II Tourer V Sugoi Ne~! | 270rwhp of Green Apple Splatters!
    GDB 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX Stock and in MINT Unmolested Condition.
    B7 2005 Audi A4 TFSI Quattro Turbo Keepin My Pimp Hand Strong.

Comment

On a side note, We are getting bombed with signups pretty heavily. The only immediate solution i'm seeing to this is to either
      a) disable new signups completely (not going to happen)
      b) ban each individual spam IP address as it signs on (a lot of administration for me)

so im doing the second option.

EDIT: Fucking Botnets...

1JZ-GTE + R154 + Garrett T04S/External Gate + 550cc + Bosch 040 + KoyoRad + Custom Plenum + 90mm TB + Kaaz 1.5Way + Cusco Comp-S + Cusco Strut Brace + Nightpager 4 Pot Conversion + HID's [GZ 20 WA]
      | Black Knight

Comment

OK I found a much easier Solution and this should protect us from Bots for a while. I've changed the authentication system to ask Soarer related questions upon signup. If you get them wrong, you don't get in. Period.

Interestingly enough the reason we've been getting hammered (as well as thousands of other forums) is that allegedly Googles reCAPTCHA system has been cracked and bots are having a 15% success rate on signup on forums using it.

Further Reading Here -> http://www.allspammedup.com/2010/01/...ptcha-cracked/

I'll run this system for a month and measure the amount of Bot traffic. If we survive unscathed I may just remove the manual user verification block I've been running for donkeys years which means everyone human wont have to wait for me to authenticate them.

Comment

sounds like the go.. even if you put in a little side note saying if your unaware please resort to here such and such internet adress for the answer? to stop complete noobs from failing..

are bots smart enuf to do that shit?
          House of Automotive .. 0412583177 .. ABN - 49 305 391 332
          Servicing, Repairs and Modifications to everything from Bunkys to Ferrari's all at the best prices

Originally posted by Axis Monkey
          Boris. She won't show you her boobs.

Comment

Originally posted by pandaah View Post
            sounds like the go.. even if you put in a little side note saying if your unaware please resort to here such and such internet adress for the answer? to stop complete noobs from failing..

are bots smart enuf to do that shit?
            Yeah thats the thing.. It would usually require human intervention at that point, the bots don't have the AI ability to do that.

On the positive side, 24hrs and not one bot signup. Im happy!

| Black Knight

Comment

I had a look at the questions last night, and there was 2 that were a bit hard:

1. manticore on kouki z20?
              alot of z20 owners arent going to know what kouki is, and its not a f$#%*&@ manticore...
              Its a flying lion, and would be closer to, IF NOT the lion of st. marks (normally shown 1 paw raised or on a book)

st marks lion:

Manticore: (from wiki)
              It has the body of a red lion, a human head with three rows of sharp teeth (like a shark), and a trumpet-like voice. Other aspects of the creature vary from story to story. It may be horned, winged, or both. The tail is that of either a dragon or a scorpion, and it may shoot poisonous spines to either paralyze or kill its victims.

Oh, and the 4.556 transaxle code, I dunno that (id need to look it up)
              Last edited by B_JAY; 19-01-2011, 02:09 PM.
              Originally posted by coFF33
              Its very easy if your not retarded. If you are retarded and dont like to get dirty and try hard, then forget about it
              Originally posted by GEEZ20
              quicker than a super car??? what engine are u packing?

Originally posted by Sports sedan
              7m

Comment

Orright Mr Anal, shall I change it then?

Comment

I would suggest the term "badge" :P
                  Its very easy if your not retarded. If you are retarded and dont like to get dirty and try hard, then forget about it

7m

Comment

Hehe i know what a manticore is but not a kouki
                    500rwhp 86 JZA70 aerotop, in the build!
                    300zx crappy nissan daily
                    R6 to keep up with the monkeys jz..

Comment

I've now switched off manual user authentication... its on full auto now so new signups wont have to wait for me to authenticate them before they can post.

3 Days now with not a single bot signup id say were safe for now.

Comment

RAGGE!!!

I dont know if this is the right place for it
                        But seeing as we were talking about the questions etc.
                        I came on here to do a search (logged out) and the question was
                        "What was the final year of production for the Z20 Soarer body?"

ANSWER (for search purposes): 1990
                        CORRECT ANSWER: 1991 (April to be exact)

I could be wrong, but 99.999999% sure z20's ran until april 1991

<3
                        Last edited by B_JAY; 21-08-2011, 10:55 PM.

7m

Comment

Working...
                        X