This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NOVEMBER 5TH, 2009

- Pruned a stack of Users who's email addresses bounced. Keep in mind occasionally we will send you email from the forums with notifications, news etc..etc.. If your email address bounces, we'll assume that you are no longer around and subsequently look at purging your account.

The following accounts have been deleted effective now on the basis that the accounts had not been logged into since the date they signed up + the email address bounced;
    2J-Z2O
    soarerslider
    awaiz20
    andyz20
    katenkiiiya
    lorenzo
    beeerkol
    oh were haveyou

The following accounts have been moved into a special group called 'Awaiting Email Confirmation'. The posting rights of these users have been crippled until they submit a new valid working email address;
    Rambojenkins
    smoke_up
    bigspin
    GT-50-AR
    gz20 soarer boy

And the following users have just gotten a warning PM to change their Email addresses to a valid one as they're active users and it seems senseless to disable them just yet;
    Soarer_D00D
    mz21 89
    daviesjn12
    hecate

JZZ20 1988 Soarer GT Twin Turbo
    1JZ-GTE + R154 + Garrett T04S/External Gate + 550cc + Bosch 040 + KoyoRad + Custom Plenum + 90mm TB + Kaaz 1.5Way + Cusco Comp-S + Cusco Strut Brace + Nightpager 4 Pot Conversion + HID's [GZ 20 WA]
    | Black Knight
    JZX90 1993 Mark II Tourer V Sugoi Ne~! | 270rwhp of Green Apple Splatters!
    GDB 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX Stock and in MINT Unmolested Condition.
    B7 2005 Audi A4 TFSI Quattro Turbo Keepin My Pimp Hand Strong.

Comment

sounds fair, if you want a extra hand in modderating ive got no real life and am always scouring the forums too
      My Rides--
      86 MZ21 soarer --- once loved, but now a cube!
      88 Ga70 supra --- Overcooled and underpowered but so damn rad
      94 Vr Commodore --- Can you say single pegger skids?

Comment

NOVEMBER 28TH, 2009

Im loading up a new site theme that i've been toying with over the last week. There might be some slight interruptions during the evening, but sit tight and everything will be operational shortly.

Comment

OMG ITS T3H COFF33 :P

looks good hammie, kinda like the theme on my computer really
          My Rides--
          86 MZ21 soarer --- once loved, but now a cube!
          88 Ga70 supra --- Overcooled and underpowered but so damn rad
          94 Vr Commodore --- Can you say single pegger skids?

Comment

nice...

just really bright....
            Originally posted by coFF33
            Its very easy if your not retarded. If you are retarded and dont like to get dirty and try hard, then forget about it
            Originally posted by GEEZ20
            quicker than a super car??? what engine are u packing?

Originally posted by Sports sedan
            7m

Comment

Why delete peoples accounts just because their email bounced?
              What is the problem with keeping those accounts?
              - Complete English z20 Wiring Diagrams
              - All Circuits
              - Every Connector
              - Completely in English.

Comment

Because i'm conserving bandwidth for active members.

Cleaner, well maintained site = faster site.

Secondly if someone hasn't logged in since they signed up, and then when they get an email from us it bounces; it indicates to me that they were using a bogus email to sign up in the first place.

Its called maintenance.

Comment

APRIL 12, 2010

- Changed Username trackGZ20 to GZ.20.GT (Requested)
                  - Removed the Japanese Language Forums. They weren't being used and I think it was a bit of a pipe dream to think we would have been able to get massive activity happening in there. No Posts since 2008 = Delete.
                  - Added Two Additional Subforums in the Classifieds for Wrecking/Parting Cars and Random non-automotive shit for sale. This will be HEAVILY MODERATED so don't go trying to hock your ex's manky Dildo's on there..

Comment

*Unstickied really old shit in general forums*

Moo

Comment

Originally posted by God View Post
                      Because i'm conserving bandwidth for active members.

Cleaner, well maintained site = faster site.

Secondly if someone hasn't logged in since they signed up, and then when they get an email from us it bounces; it indicates to me that they were using a bogus email to sign up in the first place.

Its called maintenance.
                      I've just done my half yearly maintenance on the Usergroups.

You will notice we have 65 less users now. These are the 65 who have not logged in for more than 365 days.

Comment

I guess you should delete the 400 members thread then.
                        - Complete English z20 Wiring Diagrams
                        - All Circuits
                        - Every Connector
                        - Completely in English.

Comment

also, sadly.. youll find people who dont give a fuck about the site, its just a way of scoring cheap parts or information.... with no intention to adding or helping other people in any way... which should be the reason for sticking around
                          House of Automotive .. 0412583177 .. ABN - 49 305 391 332
                          Servicing, Repairs and Modifications to everything from Bunkys to Ferrari's all at the best prices

Originally posted by Axis Monkey
                          Boris. She won't show you her boobs.

Comment

There are an additional 90 that have not logged on for the past 6 months either.. But im being nice and keeping a 1 year limit.

Comment

JAN 19TH, 2011

- Have upgraded B_JAY to a Forum Moderator, I'd like to be the first to welcome the big fella to his new position.

- Have changed the authentication system to a Q&A based one instead of reCAPTCHA's image verification system which has been cracked according to online security analysts despite Google's claim it hasnt been. Our major problems with Bot Registration Spam have literally ceased overnight since this change.

Comment

DEC 19TH, 2011

- Have culled a large number of For Sale Threads. 860 to be exact. They've been moved to the Archived Sale Threads folder we set up months ago. Anything predating Jan 1st, 2011 has been moved there. Moderators if you could start moving old threads from this point forward to that location it would save me a heap of time.

- Reorganised Indexes and cleaned up backend data on the Forums.

JZZ20 1988 Soarer GT Twin Turbo
                                1JZ-GTE + R154 + Garrett T04S/External Gate + 550cc + Bosch 040 + KoyoRad + Custom Plenum + 90mm TB + Kaaz 1.5Way + Cusco Comp-S + Cusco Strut Brace + Nightpager 4 Pot Conversion + HID's [GZ 20 WA]
                                | Black Knight
                                JZX90 1993 Mark II Tourer V Sugoi Ne~! | 270rwhp of Green Apple Splatters!
                                GDB 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX Stock and in MINT Unmolested Condition.
                                B7 2005 Audi A4 TFSI Quattro Turbo Keepin My Pimp Hand Strong.

Comment

Working...
                                X