Privacy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Privacy

Would there be any way to control who can register as a member?

I know we have member's rides set to member only, but people register easily and can view those.

And I see a lot of lurkers on at night :S

If you register, does it automatically go through or does it need to be authorised?

Aleks

lol calm down man i know your dodgy coz u get pulled over alot....its only becuase your a 6 foot wog with a death cuts in your hair and hang around dodgy characters, not because of your granny mz
    Politics make me soooo horny!

Comment

Originally posted by Trav View Post
      lol calm down man i know your dodgy coz u get pulled over alot....its only becuase your a 6 foot wog with a death cuts in your hair and hang around dodgy characters, not because of your granny mz
      Haha, i hven't had the cuts in a while :P

And none of my characters are dodgy!

And if My 7M is a granny, your 1G is 6 feer under.

Aleks

Comment

haha twinturbo on the side :P haha and i never get pulled with my big gay shiny rims and my loud 3 inch exuast XD plus i have red freaking hair ......so im thinking its u :P

Comment

haha twinturbo on the side :P haha and i never get pulled with my big gay shiny rims and my loud 3 inch exuast XD plus i have red freaking hair ......so im thinking its u :P
          They're like...

LOL RANGA HE CAN'T GO FAST.

Aleks

Comment

haha hey dude remmber...orks ...da red ones go fasta :P

Comment

haha hey dude remmber...orks ...da red ones go fasta :P
              Yeah, but they ride junk heaps of metal stuck together :P

OH, they use 1Gs too? with funny rims?

Aleks

Comment

haha yes got me there im pretty sure thats how holden base the construction of there cars off ork techniques XD hahaha "it workz coz i zay it workz!"

Comment

Hi,

I think all you need is to confirm your email address when you sign up.
                  Basically, the way I see it, If you dont want your members ride thread to be viewed, don't make one.

So who are these lurkers you talk about?
                  They are going to want your ride so much more once that BOV goes on.
                  - Complete English z20 Wiring Diagrams
                  - All Circuits
                  - Every Connector
                  - Completely in English.

Comment

Yes. OK I'll explain this one..

When i first created the user registration options, everything went fine and you signed up under an email address, but you had to confirm that email prior to actually being able to post. Once done you were a registered member.

Then we had a slight problem with vBulletin spam bots, i'm sure everyone remembers 'Hello and Bye, Sex Love for All!'. I had to change the user registration about 6 times on that. Firstly I made the image verification settings harder and harder each time until the bots still made it through then I went fuck it and put an administrative mod on who registered. That way I had to manually verify every user that joined up. Problem with that is that it was time consuming, and sometimes could take 1-2 days for me to log in and verify each legitimate user whilst deleting spam bots.

The bot registrations however stopped and whoever was deliberately attacking the forums has ceased activity. So I loosened the registration security off once again so anyone can join and get posting priveleges within minutes if their email add verifies. There are security settings I can modify and COPPA Users (Users awaiting email confirmation) do not have trawling rights in the members rides threads. But once they confirm it, they move into the Registered Users section and can view anything normal members can.

JZZ20 1988 Soarer GT Twin Turbo
                    1JZ-GTE + R154 + Garrett T04S/External Gate + 550cc + Bosch 040 + KoyoRad + Custom Plenum + 90mm TB + Kaaz 1.5Way + Cusco Comp-S + Cusco Strut Brace + Nightpager 4 Pot Conversion + HID's [GZ 20 WA]
                    | Black Knight
                    JZX90 1993 Mark II Tourer V Sugoi Ne~! | 270rwhp of Green Apple Splatters!
                    GDB 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX Stock and in MINT Unmolested Condition.
                    B7 2005 Audi A4 TFSI Quattro Turbo Keepin My Pimp Hand Strong.

Comment

maybee in order to view certain things or use certain items youd have to have a post limit i think that be fair? iv seen it work well on other forums just so i guess dodgy people can be weeded out thats to say if aleks and z2tt are thinking what im thinking

Comment

maybee in order to view certain things or use certain items youd have to have a post limit i think that be fair? iv seen it work well on other forums just so i guess dodgy people can be weeded out thats to say if aleks and z2tt are thinking what im thinking
                        Personally, I'm not worried. I'm sensible enough on the road.

I was more worried about what would happen if we had a big cruise (like the feb one? ) And someone dropped in on us, or lied to the police saying we're doing something illegal.

My friends had something similar happen in an air rifle competition, and it wound up with many awkward excuses and un happy parents.

Aleks

Comment

Working...
                        X