Old 17-08-2009, 06:24 PM   #1
hamgatan
1JZ Underperformance Guru

hamgatan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to hamgatan
Default Z20Soarer.Org Storefront

Hi All,

This is an idea that i've been brooding in my head for quite some time, and that is due to the rarity and scarcity of parts for Z20's (and also the fact we're nearly at 300 members!), I felt it would be beneficial if I looked into a proper storefront for the site..

Not only to handle Merchandise such as stickers, hoodies, polos and other apparel, but i mean for addendum items as well.

Now we have good fibreglassers like fat_2jz onboard who can duplicate side skirts, rear pods etc.. This got me thinking. What if we assembled our collective wisdom together to provide a Z20 community specific shop to obtain all those bits?

Just a place to get all the nitty bitty things that are hard / specific to get.

Things that sprung to mind -

1. Bushing Replacement Kits
2. Clear Indicators
3. Window Seals
4. Skirts and Pods
5. Manual Gear Shift Surrounds
6. Handbrake Boots
7. Fitted Floormats
8. Custom gauge pods

Thing is, I can't do this by myself so I'm hoping the community will come together on this one and turn this one into a discussion forum on what we can do to make this happen.

Ideally I'd like to make the storefront a vendor based system. Lets say we'll use fat_2jz as an example again.. (sorry dude!). Lets just say you make moulds and reproduce the skirts and pods for whatever you charge.. this will be listed in the online store, and when a purchase is made, it auto dispatches a Purchase Order to you listing end user details etc for them to be made up. Z20Soarer.Org in turn will dispatch your cost via Paypal less a small fee for maintenance of critical systems (Paypal/Merchant Fees).

Ads this would apply to your Wind diffuser thingos you made as well for the FMIC's. And any other vendor that wants to put their products for sale through the system.

Guys i really need your feedback/input on this so fire away.

JZZ20 1988 Soarer GT Twin Turbo
1JZ-GTE + R154 + Garrett T04S/External Gate + 550cc + Bosch 040 + KoyoRad + Custom Plenum + 90mm TB + Kaaz 1.5Way + Cusco Comp-S + Cusco Strut Brace + Nightpager 4 Pot Conversion + HID's [GZ 20 WA]
| Black Knight
JZX90 1993 Mark II Tourer V Sugoi Ne~! | 270rwhp of Green Apple Splatters!
GDB 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX Stock and in MINT Unmolested Condition.
B7 2005 Audi A4 TFSI Quattro Turbo Keepin My Pimp Hand Strong.

Last edited by hamgatan; 17-08-2009 at 06:42 PM.
hamgatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2009, 11:10 PM   #2
Z2TT
z20 Advocator

Z2TT will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Z2TT

Okay.

For kits we have Fat2jz, but who is going to custom make numbers 1 to 3 and 5 to 8 ?

As for bushes, cant we get them through Nolathane or Whiteline? or could you get them cheaper somehow?

A good idea for the handbrake boots to have different colours like black and tan, also ones that say "SOARER" or have the emblem on them much like the ones soarer central have on their group buy.
- Every Connector
- Completely in English.
Z2TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2009, 11:56 PM   #3
pandaah
Veteran Member

pandaah is on a distinguished road

i can get all fabric/vynl trimmings done for your manual gear surrounds and stuff in kit form.. sterio bits for cheap (usually pioneer only).. electronic gadgets for cheap like even remote control start systems.. they are chinese but very cheap, im sure if i install one in my car and do a write up, you's cant go wrong....

gauge pods can also be made up... although designs / blueprints will have to be decided between me and someone to get a model made up...

basically here in perth i have alot of contacts.. im a mechanic myself (small engine engineer) so producing things isnt really my forte but with my contacts and everyones orders / demands im sure we could make this happen...

this may even work really well hamgatan seeing as your in perth aswell so final checks including quality control and storage / pick up can be done easy without hassles and if theres a problem come to my house =)
pandaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2009, 11:56 PM   #4
hamgatan

Boris

Yes and no. I probably wouldn't embroid a gearstick boot, but www.z20soarer.org custom floormats would be extremely uber fucken swish if i could find someone willing to replicate them to the same kind of quality the factory ones are (that same thick shagpile material).

I'm trying to locate a source for the window seals in Japan. I may bring 10-20 kits in for stock for that purpose. I have bought manual shift surrounds and gear boots in Japan before also.. I'll Skype a couple of friends of mine next time theyre on.

Custom gauge pods is a fibreglassing thing. I had a design i wanted to play around with but i'm waiting to tee up some time with fat_2jz when were both free to go over it and see what we can come up with. Ideally i want to make something that replaces the entire A pillar and uses the factory clips.

Bushings, are expensive. I don't want guys paying $900 for the SupraSport kit basically. I know theres a company out of NZ that has an almost identical urethane replacement kit and its about $350, almost 1/3 of the price. The idea will be to have direct consignment set up with vendors in that scenario.

1JZ-GTE + R154 + Garrett T04S/External Gate + 550cc + Bosch 040 + KoyoRad + Custom Plenum + 90mm TB + Kaaz 1.5Way + Cusco Comp-S + Cusco Strut Brace + Nightpager 4 Pot Conversion + HID's [GZ 20 WA]
| Black Knight
Old 17-08-2009, 11:58 PM   #5
pandaah
Veteran Member

btw... i can also organise for parts to be carbon fibre-ised...... just a thort, but this would probly involve getting people to set there standard items over as im sure not everyone has a shop worthy supply of soarer interior parts
Old 18-08-2009, 12:08 AM   #6
hamgatan

however i may have a shell very shortly.. so thats arrangeable

| Black Knight
Old 18-08-2009, 12:12 AM   #7
pandaah
Veteran Member

btw hamgatan i just spoke to my trimmer mate... he said he can do the floor mats with www.z20soarer.org in them, and he can do the handbrake boots and gear shifter boots in any colour, vynl or suede any colour stitching....

for example im getting a black suede shifter boot with double white stitching...

he's in perth too.. hes done show cars before, works from home, happy to deal with any requested workload and to provide samples to see if youll be happy or not... if your interested send me a pm and ill give you his number / email
Old 18-08-2009, 12:40 AM   #8
Z2TT
z20 Advocator

Z2TT will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Z2TT

Quote:
Yes and no. I probably wouldn't embroid a gearstick boot, but www.z20soarer.org custom floormats would be extremely uber fucken swish if i could find someone willing to replicate them to the same kind of quality the factory ones are (that same thick shagpile material).
I really wouldn't want z20soarer.org written all over my interior, could we have just ones that say "Soarer" On them like the factory ones in the same font? maybe a small emblem next to it?

As for handbrake covers, my stock one just looks too thin and scrunchy, can we get some that are made from a thicker material?

Quote:
I'm trying to locate a source for the window seals in Japan. I may bring 10-20 kits in for stock for that purpose. I have bought manual shift surrounds and gear boots in Japan before also.. I'll Skype a couple of friends of mine next time theyre on.
Do Toyota Still sell them as a Genuine Part, or do we have to get one off a 1/4 window and get somebody to copy it, I mean how does it go, do they see the curves on the rubber and try to make a copy, or is there allready companies that have different rubbers and can cut one to length or something? Really want to know how it goes about getting one made, and how they go about making it.

Quote:
Custom gauge pods is a fibreglassing thing. I had a design i wanted to play around with but i'm waiting to tee up some time with fat_2jz when were both free to go over it and see what we can come up with. Ideally i want to make something that replaces the entire A pillar and uses the factory clips.
Yep I was thinking one that replaced the A-Pillar is a great Idea.

Quote:
Bushings, are expensive. I don't want guys paying $900 for the SupraSport kit basically. I know theres a company out of NZ that has an almost identical urethane replacement kit and its about $350, almost 1/3 of the price. The idea will be to have direct consignment set up with vendors in that scenario.
$350, which bushings does this kit include? Also can you be able to order them cheaper if you get them in like batches of 10?
- Every Connector
- Completely in English.

Last edited by Z2TT; 18-08-2009 at 12:46 AM.
Z2TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2009, 01:20 AM   #9
pandaah
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z2TT View Post
As for handbrake covers, my stock one just looks too thin and scrunchy, can we get some that are made from a thicker material?
my mate can make these up, just waiting for hamgatan to get back to me whether he wants to go thru my mate here in perth to get things made up, he really has got everything covered, he's got his own business and also his uncle owns his own motor trimmer company aswell... the beauty of using him would be everything can be custom made to suit your requirements.. if you want an emblem.. u can have an emblem, if you dont, dont have it... possibly even email through a photoshoped version of what YOU want and he can hook us up...

Quote:
Do Toyota Still sell them as a Genuine Part, or do we have to get one off a 1/4 window and get somebody to copy it, I mean how does it go, do they see the curves on the rubber and try to make a copy, or is there allready companies that have different rubbers and can cut one to length or something? Really want to know how it goes about getting one made, and how they go about making it.
maybe clark rubber or someone can hook us up?.. i know theres companys that make rubber moulds nd stuff maybe they could copy like your saying.. just gotta do some research i guess..

Quote:
Yep I was thinking one that replaced the A-Pillar is a great Idea.
+1 for love of the a-piller gauge holder lol
Old 18-08-2009, 08:47 AM   #10
coFF33
100% Rightallthetime

coFF33 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to coFF33

Good ideas floating round here boys !

i have a lot of yahoo japan skillz and contacts.

can help for very rare shit.
Old 18-08-2009, 10:56 AM   #11
pandaah
Veteran Member

sweet as.. yahoo japan comes in very handy!

im gunna trial getting some of my interior parts carbon fibred.. just atm i dont have a job so i cant go wasting the money i dont have lol... but once there done ill post photos and if ya like em i can hook people up... =)
Old 18-08-2009, 11:47 AM   #12
NICE TRY

would be interested in matts and stuff like that.
I might be able to help out with new tires. Friend works for a tire importer and usually helps me out very cheap for good tires.
Last 2 i brought were 235/45/17 sumitomo z3 Dont know if he would be able to replicate the price he gave me but would be much cheaper than retail.

Old 18-08-2009, 11:52 AM   #13
pandaah
Veteran Member

awesome.. had a friend that used to work at amcap... spewin she doesnt anymore i used to get tyres for like $90 brand new 17" any size... and not china shit either

awesome keep the comments / adds rollin people we all wanna do our cars up, makes it easier which people pitch in!
Old 18-08-2009, 01:12 PM   #14
hamgatan

i have a good relationship with the IT guys at AHG which are stationed out of the Amcap building. I might be able to swing something..

| Black Knight
Old 18-08-2009, 03:43 PM   #15
pandaah
Veteran Member

would be good man.. i can even see if my friend can talk her talk and still get me some deals... but i know amcap stock tyres and other parts and accessories and there discount margain is quite big
Old 18-08-2009, 03:58 PM   #16
Soarer_D00D

Just link the shop directly to Gu11ty. Im sure he has everything you could ever need.

But in seriousness, its a great idea. If i could still offer any car related services, i would, but unfortunatley i work in a Bank now, so doesnt really have to do with anything.

I can however help people out if they need funding for said items.
Old 18-08-2009, 04:03 PM   #17
89JZ20
luminecent drifter

89JZ20 is on a distinguished road

this is a great idea guys, if you want i can make reasonably cheap exhausts to suit any specs
Old 18-08-2009, 05:56 PM   #18
slipway
z20 built for awesome's

slipway is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamgatan View Post
Boris

link? and yea
slipway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2009, 06:37 PM   #19
De@No

De@No is on a distinguished road

Love the idea!

would love bushing kits if possible
Old 19-08-2009, 01:58 AM   #20
hamgatan

yeah the bushings i have to ask Ezra (byteme) which shop it was coz it was him who found it.. but as soon as i locate it i'll let u know.

| Black Knight