Old 24-09-2008, 08:08 AM   #21
Glavas

Quote:
Originally Posted by seven View Post
There are hoon laws in SA.

I was in the car when my mate got caught street sliding in his caged s13, got impounded under the "Hoon Legislation Act" or something similar.
Street sliding? as in drifting on public roads? :S

I'd get him for that too, but getting done for getting to the speed limit as quick as possible would be kinda cruel.

I'm not saying it's not illegal, but i imagine if i got pulled over the cop would show some leniancy. especially considering i've only owned my MZ20 for a week now

Aleks
Old 24-09-2008, 08:24 AM   #22
seven
Gates random cyclists...

seven is on a distinguished road

Yeah. He got a whole lot of leniency, he got caught driving without a license two nights beforehand ($1500 fine), then gets caught drifting without a license.

Cop wont look at your car like a Silvia or a Skyline though.
seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2008, 08:44 AM   #23
Glavas

I've had cops a few times drive up next to me and look through my window and up and down my car, but haven't been pulled over.

Sadly my school is like 10mins for a police station and work is right next to a police station.

Aleks
Old 24-09-2008, 09:17 AM   #24
seven
Gates random cyclists...

seven is on a distinguished road

I came from sr20 s13 drift pig (on the streets :S) to gz20.

The only time i got looked at was when my external wastegate failed and was making a little noise.

The s13 i was followed in, stared at, cops came up to my parked car to check ride height etc...
seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2008, 10:28 AM   #25
hamgatan
1JZ Underperformance Guru

hamgatan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to hamgatan

doesnt surprise me in the least that adelaide does have hoon laws.

after all drifting in oz, sort of began in SA back in the day where Denzo and his rowdy mob the Drift Kingz rules the streets of Adelaide. i remember many instances where i've been out driving normally only to see a banged up white DK S13 with crushed passenger side door sliding every damn corner in the city. especially the one at pultney and grote near the fire station. fuck he had impressive skills but he was completely asking for it...

JZZ20 1988 Soarer GT Twin Turbo
1JZ-GTE + R154 + Garrett T04S/External Gate + 550cc + Bosch 040 + KoyoRad + Custom Plenum + 90mm TB + Kaaz 1.5Way + Cusco Comp-S + Cusco Strut Brace + Nightpager 4 Pot Conversion + HID's [GZ 20 WA]
| Black Knight
JZX90 1993 Mark II Tourer V Sugoi Ne~! | 270rwhp of Green Apple Splatters!
GDB 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX Stock and in MINT Unmolested Condition.
B7 2005 Audi A4 TFSI Quattro Turbo Keepin My Pimp Hand Strong.
hamgatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2008, 01:53 PM   #26
Glavas

I kinda figured that hoon laws came hand in hand with vehicle restrictions on "p" platers

Aleks
Old 24-09-2008, 04:10 PM   #27
1jz jakey

1jz jakey is on a distinguished road

just dont drag commodores hahaha na as everyone said tyres, if you choose to do it legally again on the track, let down the tyres a bit too, wider rims help for grip and the wet is the worst time to do it.

brown gz20 with 1jz and r154, JIC coils, safc 2, locker, straight pipes and garrett gt3540 with external wastegate
1jz jakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2008, 04:11 PM   #28
jabtronic

I just drove my mates stock CA18 powered 180sx a few minutes ago.. feels a fair bit faster (and lighter) than my 1G

Need to get the 1JZ in there soon enough
Old 24-09-2008, 09:28 PM   #29
Glavas

Sigh, might end up getting those side skirts from the group buy before I get anything else

Aleks
Old 25-09-2008, 10:06 AM   #30
hamgatan

yes you should.

z20 without side skirts is like a bitch that dont put out... fucken get rid of that shit now!

1JZ-GTE + R154 + Garrett T04S/External Gate + 550cc + Bosch 040 + KoyoRad + Custom Plenum + 90mm TB + Kaaz 1.5Way + Cusco Comp-S + Cusco Strut Brace + Nightpager 4 Pot Conversion + HID's [GZ 20 WA]
| Black Knight
Old 25-09-2008, 10:55 AM   #31
Glavas

Exactly how are they attached? and why is there no front piece? :S

Aleks
Old 25-09-2008, 11:44 AM   #32
hamgatan

side skirts are in two sections. there is a front section thats bolted to the rear. front section is about 20cm long. then the rest of the skirt bolts to that for the remaining 1.5m or whatever it is.

they bolt in two holes from the front wheel arch, two holes from the rear wheel arch. there are two bolts attached to the skirt on the front section that bolt in behind the panel, then theres two on the rear half that bolt through the rear quarter panel behind each door. then theres a metal bar that goes on the bottom of the skirt and you run 8 or so teks screws into it.

| Black Knight
Old 25-09-2008, 04:19 PM   #33
1jz jakey

1jz jakey is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabtronic View Post
I just drove my mates stock CA18 powered 180sx a few minutes ago.. feels a fair bit faster (and lighter) than my 1G

Need to get the 1JZ in there soon enough
yes u do need 1j, and a gt30 lol coz thats what cool people do. ca18 and 1j are no comparison, man they are laggy as, feels like an excel down low

brown gz20 with 1jz and r154, JIC coils, safc 2, locker, straight pipes and garrett gt3540 with external wastegate
1jz jakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2008, 08:10 PM   #34
Glavas

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamgatan View Post
side skirts are in two sections. there is a front section thats bolted to the rear. front section is about 20cm long. then the rest of the skirt bolts to that for the remaining 1.5m or whatever it is.

they bolt in two holes from the front wheel arch, two holes from the rear wheel arch. there are two bolts attached to the skirt on the front section that bolt in behind the panel, then theres two on the rear half that bolt through the rear quarter panel behind each door. then theres a metal bar that goes on the bottom of the skirt and you run 8 or so teks screws into it.
I gotta make those holes myself?

Aleks
Old 25-09-2008, 08:44 PM   #35
v8gz20

v8gz20 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to v8gz20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glavas View Post
Street sliding? as in drifting on public roads? :S

I'd get him for that too, but getting done for getting to the speed limit as quick as possible would be kinda cruel.

I'm not saying it's not illegal, but i imagine if i got pulled over the cop would show some leniancy. especially considering i've only owned my MZ20 for a week now

Aleks
it sounds kinda supid i know but if you get a nice copper they may let you off but if their not nice like alot of the coppers i come across they will get you for anything they can. i havent been to south oz for a while but around where i live there a few cops that go out of their way to catch anyone in an import for anything.
v8gz20 is offline   Reply With Quote